• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Redundancy and vet bills

XxLeanne

Warren Scout
I'm bein made redundant, is anyone else in this situation and how am I meant to pay for vet bills I have a dental bun :( or is it just tough ?

:( thats pretty awful, and i really dont think there is anything the vets or the government will do to help. Hope you get a new job soon!

That's what I feared :( damn it! And thank you me too what a **** time of year for this to happen aye :censored: lol

Best thing is to try and stay positive :thumb: Start looking for a new job now. Be proactive and send your details out to any companies or organisations you'd like to work for. Don't wait for jobs to be advertised, get your CV and a covering letter out to as many folks as possible + any relevant agencies. Hand deliver where possible, be upbeat & positive :D

This could be an opportunity to do something different, improve your skills or learn new ones :thumb:

I've been made redundant twice so appreciate your situation. Keeping busy (mentally) and having an open mind is very important :thumb: i.e consider two part time jobs if full time ones aren't available.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :wave:

That's what I feared :( damn it! And thank you me too what a **** time of year for this to happen aye :censored: lol

:(
On the bright side, there are lots of christmas temp jobs going in retail just now, would maybe get you by for the next month or two to until you get back to what you want to do?

I'm going to start looking tonight, every night and your right I need to get out there and deliver my CV into business's which I will do when I finish working here :) I am keeping positive I've been stuck in the job for four years it's my chance to move on :) Also if I start to panic ill probally have a breakdown! Lol

& yes the Christmas jobs will be about that's a plus however I have a 2 week holiday to Jamaica payed for already in December :/ which will probally knock that out the window :(

I have been made redundant too and I go at the end of this month. However I have just managed to secure a new job which is a relief, although I will be worse off. Make sure your CV is up to date and just keep looking. Maybe register to get job adverts via email. Most companies advertise on their own websites now and not in the papers so look at specific companies that you could work for.

Worse case scenario and you end up claiming jobseekers you might be able to get a small proportion of your vet bills paid by an animal charity. The RSPCA branch I volunteer for do this, but I don't know if they all do.

Fingers crossed you will get a new job in time, and a redundancy payment so you won't have to worry about the vet bills. Good Luck.:D

*IF* you qualify for housing benefit you can use the PDSA
Any insurance you have you need to try and keep, or if you don't have insurance I'd recommend it. If you have a vet you use regularly they may make a payment arrangement for you to pay the excess if you have insurance.

I'm going to start looking tonight, every night and your right I need to get out there and deliver my CV into business's which I will do when I finish working here :) I am keeping positive I've been stuck in the job for four years it's my chance to move on :) Also if I start to panic ill probally have a breakdown! Lol

& yes the Christmas jobs will be about that's a plus however I have a 2 week holiday to Jamaica payed for already in December :/ which will probally knock that out the window :(

did you take out insurance on that? If so you may be insured against redundancy and be able to get money back if you dont go.

I don't have any advice but just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. My OH's job is precarious so I understand your anxiety. Stay positive - I'm sure it will all work out just fine.

I dont have insurance on the holiday :( stupid I know but we didn't think and was just planning on getting it before we go :/ it was an expensive holiday which I've decided I won't miss! Lol

I don't have my own house i live with my parents so i don't think I'd qualify :( ?

And thank you I keep hearing so many people being made redundant its not good at the moment :(

Back