• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Benji in love with Bumble?

Twiglet

New Kit
Benji is my new rescue and he's separated from Twiglet (buck) and Bumble (doe)through a mesh frame. However Benji and Bumble tend to sit nose to nose facing one another through the mesh. Benji seems a bit low in mood, he's eating and drinking and weeing and pooing but seems like he's depressed. Could this be bunny love? and would I upset the apple cart if I tried to bond them and got a new mate for Twiglet. Any advice would be gratefully received as I want to get their bonding right.

Many thanks Jill

Are the bunnies neutered? You cannot go off how they behave towards one another with wire between I'm afraid. A pairing might be easier than a trio.

Are the bunnies neutered? You cannot go off how they behave towards one another with wire between I'm afraid. A pairing might be easier than a trio.

This, it doesn't mean anything whatsoever. My pair hated each other and I ended up having Lola on the patio and out of sight from Donny because they would spend all of their time trying to get to each other, and I don't think they wanted to hug. But they only took 2 days to bond, which I didn't think would happen because of how they acted towards each other when on their own.

You said the run has been split? How much room in the run do they have now? It could be boredom if the space has been reduced somewhat because of the extra rabbit. If they don't bond will you have 2 pairs? :)

The hutch and run are very big even after splitting, I have 2 males (Benji and Twiglet) and 1 female (Bumble). The boys have stopped trying to get at one another and have sniffed noses together through the mesh. Benji is being neutered tomorrow so I think I will keep Twiglet and Bumble together and eventually bond Benji with a female at a later stage, probably about 6 weeks allowing for his hormones to have reduced after the neutering. I think it would be cruel to split Twiglet and Bumble as they are well bonded and I dont want to upset the dynamics. But your thoughts would be most appreciated together with anymore advice. Many thanks Jill

Back