• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hovis moves outside

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Following the two disasterous attempts at bonding Hovis, today I moved him outside - alone.

It is not ideal by any means as he doesn't have a huge space but he does have more room than he had in a pen in a spare room. He can also see the trio so has some bunny company. He and Bumble have been rubbing noses through the divider. I will keep an eye on them as I don't want either to get injured. The divider isn't that secure but Sam (Bluesmum) is coming over tomorrow so I am hoping she will help me strengthen it a bit - Sam is much more practical than I am.

Once my finances have been sorted - I have taken voluntary redundancy - and I have a new job - I will be adopting Hovis a wife, but until then he will have to stay alone and if I didn't move him outside now, it will soon be too cold.

30912-Hovismovesoutside.jpg

30912-Hovisexploresoutside.jpg

With Bumble

30912-BumbleandHovisatthedivider.jpg

Awww, he looks happy enough.

Is it still ok to move outside then? I decided today it was too late for my failed trio girl to go outside but maybe it is an option if they are till ok to go out. I was planning on splitting the bunny room but think tht may end in a nightmare.

Its not as cold down this part of the country. I moved 2 of mine out the end of last week, they actually seem to prefer being out. I never had any heating on so not much of a difference.

Hovis is a very handsome lad. :love::love::love:

I don't have heating on and my bedroom isn't double glazed and I kept the window open. I was cold - but the bunnies should be fine moving outside.

I think our back bedroom is colder then outside. We had the heater ripped out anyway. I really hated seeing them under the bed all day, even though there was floor space for them to run around. Now when I go to the summerhouse I see everything moved around, poop everywhere and they are sitting out in the open and not under something. Plus they get sunlight now, there wasn't much coming in the back room. It has to be healthier for them.

Hmmmm, maybe my girly would be ok then cos she's also in a single glazed room with window open.

She just loves company though and she'd have none.

Hovis is a very lucky boy that one day he will have a friend.

Back