• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harris' new girl!

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I think I'm going to call her Ailsa, after the little island Ailsa Craig (which I have just googled and is up for sale for £1,500,000 is anyone wants to buy it :lol:). Iona and Kilda are also strong contenders at this point. I wanted to call Harris Kilda before I found out he was a boy.

Anyway, her previous owner did a 300+ mle roung trip to bring her here :shock: I am still stunned. My Mum says there must be something wrong with her if they drove all this way to get rid of her, but so far, she seems fine. I think they just wanted a good home for her. Saying that, I've only had her an hour and a half, but she has a vet check this week, so I'll find out for sure.

Anyway, her owner wanted to see her meet Harris, I wanted to start bonding properly once she settled, but I got him out, and they were almost instantly in love. :love: Started groming each other after about 5 minutes, and sharing their pellets and hay. They are now in cages side by side while I am at work, but I really think she is the perfect girl for him.

Harris and his new lady Ailsa by Niseag, on Flickr

Ailsa by Niseag, on Flickr

The ears go everyway possible!

The 300+ mile round trip is very impressive. Hopefully it just means that they loved her very much and wanted to do something of a home check to make sure they were happy with where she was going. Erin's owner did similar - she said she wanted to meet Elijah but I think it was a polite way of saying she wanted to be sure (that was only a 50 mile round trip).

Wonderful that you found him a girl and that they are getting on.

My, you made me smile, my brother and I used to refer to the Ailsa Craig as "Nanna's Bun" when we were on our way to N.Ireland to visit relitives, Nanna used to always make buns that looked just like it :lol:

Anyway, needless to say i approve of her name :lol: she is just divine :love::love::love::love:

Went to the vet today, he said she's fit and healthy. Good weight, good nails, bright eyes and good teeth. She also got her Myxi done. All good. I can relax now. I was waiting for her to have horrific teeth problems because she doesn't seem to eat hay. But then nor did Arran when he first arrived, he learnt by example, so I hope she will too. :D

Went to the vet today, he said she's fit and healthy. Good weight, good nails, bright eyes and good teeth. She also got her Myxi done. All good. I can relax now. I was waiting for her to have horrific teeth problems because she doesn't seem to eat hay. But then nor did Arran when he first arrived, he learnt by example, so I hope she will too. :D

That is good news :D

Does she like grass? If so she should be fine. One of my religious hay eaters developed dental problems which just goes to show diet is not always accurately indicative.

Back