• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help! Is Barbie sick or is it normal? :(

Little_Girl

Warren Scout
Hi everyone! it has been 2 weeks since Barbie arrived our home....:wave:

She is about 10 weeks old and is a happy healthy bunny.

I took her to the vet on Wednesday for a health check, vet said she is healthy and got her 1st wormer done (Panacur 18.75% Oral Paste)

I have continued to give her this each day and today is the 4th day I give her the paste.

She has been okay since she started the course, being active and eating, drinking normally

**But 10 mins ago when i let her out for playing, she done a soft poo( about a double size of a normal poo) on the floor, the texture is like the play dough, brown in colour.
After that, she has a few drops of liquid poo(also brown, sure is not blood) and i wiped her bottom with a tissue, still have a bit of that.

she ran around for another 5mins, as everything seems okay, i let her back to her cage, she started eating hay staright after...

I am really worry about that soft poo (never seen that before), is that normal? Or is that a side effect of the Panacur?

Should I continue giving her that?

I have never give her any vegetables/ fruits since she arrived, and she's been eating the same hay (Excel) + nuggets....

Please Help!!:cry::cry::cry:

Personally, and I am by no means the most experienced bunny owner on here, I would clean out her cage and observe the poo she produces over night. Keep an eye on her and make sure she is still eating and drinking. If she stops eating then she'll need a vet asap but if she is eating I would observe overnight. If there's more of these then I would phone a vet in the morning.

But other users may have better advise so keep an eye on this thread!

Princess occasionally has a soft poo that's like twice the size as normal but this is normal, I found that out off google, but she has never had a liquid one :/ you best get a check up, make sure everything alright x

It could well be because of the Panacur (I had a bunny with a similar problem a couple of months ago, but she is 5 years old so not as big a worry) and I'd follow Kavanne's advice re carefully observing overnight. Soft poo shouldn't be too much to worry about but runny/liquid poo take very, very seriously and a vet trip is needed.

Thanks a lot for your opinions....:wave:

I cleaned out her cage already, and let her out playing again for 30mins...she seems to be okay!
She done about 20 normal droppings and urine seems normal...and no more soft/liquid poo so far (thanks god!)
I do feel like she is fine, but it just make me so worry and scared when this thing happened....:(

I will keep a close eye on her tonite...hope everything is fine! everyone in my family love her soooo much...:love:
*for some reasons we feel like the soft poo is a reaction to the Panacur...:roll:

Back