• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What age can they be vaccinated from?

What kind of answer is 'oh dear'

come on, come on, come on ......

why-ja-needtoknow?

I wasn't going to post on here but...

DSCF7090.jpg

Eeek - congratulations a baby Dutch :love::love::love:

I'm guessing 'He' based on Tinks' past preferences. Very, very beautiful.

Thank you. Yes a little boy, still can't think of a name and had him since Friday! :shock:

If you remember post 51 on this thread... I'm afraid I just couldn't forget about the baby. It was actually awful, I kept getting images in my head of him being all alone and bored when I could have got him and given him a nice life. After finding out he was going to be sent to the pet shop, after a long think, I felt bringing him home was the right thing to do. I know people will hate me for my decision but seeing this bunny binkying around the room none-stop makes it seem so worthwhile. I have pledged to donate money to a different rescue every month once I get a job as I can't help but feel a bit guilty for letting rescues down. I believe this bun deserved a home as much as any though and I don't regret making him happy. :)

Thank you. Yes a little boy, still can't think of a name and had him since Friday! :shock:

If you remember post 51 on this thread... I'm afraid I just couldn't forget about the baby. It was actually awful, I kept getting images in my head of him being all alone and bored when I could have got him and given him a nice life. After finding out he was going to be sent to the pet shop, after a long think, I felt bringing him home was the right thing to do. I know people will hate me for my decision but seeing this bunny binkying around the room none-stop makes it seem so worthwhile. I have pledged to donate money to a different rescue every month once I get a job as I can't help but feel a bit guilty for letting rescues down. I believe this bun deserved a home as much as any though and I don't regret making him happy. :)

They might hate the decision but they won't hate YOU. (Or if they do then they're not worth bothering about anyway). Much as I strongly believe in getting rescue buns, if every home was as good as the one you are offering there wouldn't be a need for rescues in the first place. It's not like you didn't try a rescue first and you didn't go out of you way looking for a bun at a breeder/shop, he came into your life and you couldn't forget him, I know you found it very tough. This bun is going to be happy first time round.:love::love:

Back