• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big bunnies leave a big hole

In the heart that is, not the garden!

Not posted for a while, didn't want to come back with sad news but can't get it out of my head.

Went camping for a few days a couple of weeks ago, left the zoo in the capable hands of my neighbour. Came back and everyone was fine, went back to work and on my 3rd day back at work I came home to find Dino, my Frenchie had died during the day. Just cant understand it, he did his usual victory lap of the garden when I fed him that morning, all of his food and veg was gone by the time I found him.

I miss the big dope trying to make me late for work, and trying to trip me over :(

I have to post it here to get it out my head, most of my friends don't get it, only one person at work does and I've not seen her for a while properly, and we can't talk privately at work anyway, but that's a whole different issue...

So so sorry about your loss - you're right about leaving a big hole - whether a big, medium or small bunny - they all leave big holes when they leave :cry::cry:

I'm so sorry, I lost my boy this morning too so I understand how you must be feeling. Binky free Dino xx

It's so frustrating, all I want to do is talk to people and explain how sad I am that I lost him, but I just don't see that there's any point. I'll either get vile jokes or stupid comments, so it's best just kept to myself

It's so frustrating, all I want to do is talk to people and explain how sad I am that I lost him, but I just don't see that there's any point. I'll either get vile jokes or stupid comments, so it's best just kept to myself

You can express yourself freely on here, no vile jokes or any of that nonsense here ((hugs)).

Very sorry to hear your sad news of Dino.

I'm sure lots of us here understand the huge gap he has left. Unfortunately, the only pet loss some people seem to understand is that of a dog, and possibly a cat - rabbits don't seem to 'count'.

Losing my bossy Sutton had a huge impact on me.

Bobby & Sable would be very pleased to see you again!

I'm so sorry :cry:.

I think it makes it harder when you don't get the support to grieve, when you can't talk about how you feel and the happy and sad times you had together. Thank goodness for RU!

Try talking to the person you feel might be most understanding, you may be surprised by how they react when they see how upset you are. My Mum has never been a huge animal lover but she's been really supportive since I lost Mischa and people who I thought would view it as a big joke have been supportive too. Like you I thought all I'd get would be people who wouldn't understand that close bond, and yes ultimately they don't know exactly how I feel but how could they, but they've all been much more understanding than I was expecting.

And if you don't feel you can talk to someone just talk out loud to yourself. Somehow you have to get the words out of your mouth or they will eat at you and go round and round in your brain.

Thinking of you. Xx

Thanks all. And sorry to anyone else who has lost a bun in the last few months :cry:

He was quite possibly the most hilarious, rabbit rabbit I've ever had. When you walked across the garden and he was out he would literally run at you. His sight wasn't brilliant so every now and again he would run into something, it felt mean to laugh at him, but it's the face he pulls when he does it!! He always came for a nose rub, and I loved running my hand down his lovely long ears. Totally unfair, for me and him :(

I am so sorry for your loss. Talk to us here if it helps, we understand the sense of loss :cry:
Thinking of you at this sad time.

Binky free Dino x

oh Lisa i am so so sorry.....i know exactly what you mean. Little buns leave a big hole too but frenchies are such doglike bunnies....and they leave a gap thats impossible to try and fill....

I never got over the shock of willow dying in front of me..she was the biggest frenchie i have ever seen..even to this day! And shed grown ip from being a baby with the two kittens we had then..they regarded each other as siblings. she followed me to the toilet etc and chased me for nose rubs.

When you bought Lily to us that day summer 2011....do you remember meeting bertie? The big Rew frenchie who was more like an old labrador? He too had bad sight....do you remember us telling you about him running into the solar light in the garden and not meaning to we burst out laughing? he sat with his back turned to us fir almost half an hour.

weve not used our garden this year at all...garden guy broke his legs in car crash and even now cant get someone to mow the grass! But i think secretly deep down its because i couldnt bear to go out there and not see him under his beloved buddlia and digging in the pebbles.
Lisa i lost my my mum at the end of march this year...but id lost bertie at the end of february and im still heartbroken over both.

i lost your mobile number swapping over phones ages ago. If you want to chat cry rant....ill pm you my mobile number and or email.

Thats the trouble with buns...they mask pain and illness and if they dont..they just die suddenly...we think it was willows heart giving out in front of us....but poor bertie it looked like hed another seizure and it had taken him from us and bluebell.
frenchies have tiny hearts and big bodies so heart problems are so common cause of death.

BIG BIG HUGS XXXXXXX BINKY FREE DINO XXXXX

Back