• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWAF giving money to rescue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
I just read a snippet in my local paper. A nearby rescue centre is asking for people to vote so they can win funding from the RWAF? I'm not going to vote for them because they aren't especially outstanding as recsues go - they don't require a 6foot hutch, don't vaccinate agaianst VHD and they rehome unspayed does. I was wondering if anyone's heard anything about this competion though? Has anyone voted for a rescue? If anyone can suggest a really good responsible place I'll vote for them.

Yes Rainbow Rabbits and they urgently need more votes - the two with the highest votes will win funding and when I last looked RR are 11 behind the 2nd highest - it's been neck and neck for 2nd place - so PLEASE help push them up to win that place as they so deserve it xxx

I may have just fraped Mum and J :oops: all for a good cause though :lol:

Will start the text around soon.....when it isn't quite so early :oops:

Thank you if anyone has voted for us :wave:

I never even thought of putting it in the paper :shock: I only posted it on my FB group so we probably don't stand a chance if that is what others are doing :lol: I never realised it would be such a big thing!

TBH I am just really happy that we were short listed and that our special bunnies have been recognised by the RWAF :D We have gained new supporters from being put in the poll, which is great.

Considering the others are actual rescues with a team of volunteers and/or fosterers who all rehome to the public so get well known I am really pleased that we have held our own through out the poll, as it is only me and Steve and no-one locally knows we exist.

Last time I checked the poll we were about 10 behind second place so I don't think we stand much of a chance of a place on the scheme, but like I said we have gained new supporters, more people are aware of our lovely bunnies :love: so it has been a very postive experience :D

Oh and Sue don't stress and I hope to goodness you didn't stay up all night :shock: what are you like :lol::lol:

How does one vote please? :wave:

s'OK, have found it, didn't realise it was a facebook app - how annoying! But have gone against my usual rule and done it because it is a really important poll for a special rescue ;):wave:

Last edited:
How does one vote please? :wave:

s'OK, have found it, didn't realise it was a facebook app - how annoying! But have gone against my usual rule and done it because it is a really important poll for a special rescue ;):wave:

I've been posting it all over the place :lol:

I won't usually vote for things on FB either....but I couldn't not do it if you know what I mean.

Just done the text around...so hopefully we will get another couple of votes :D

Vote for Rainbow Rabbits on the RWAF poll and if they are successful and win sponsorship I will personally donate £100 to Rainbow Rabbits as a thanks to all you lovely followers who have voted and encouraged your friends and families too!!! Now there's an incentive to keep you busy all day and for an amazing cause too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back