PDA

View Full Version : Name One Thing You are Especially Proud of About Your Rabbit Care

Jack's-Jane
29-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Yes, this is a rare chance for us NOT to beat ourselves up about our shortcomings. So NO negative 'buts' allowed :D

I'll start. I am proud of the fact that I have vastly improved my Rabbit's accommodation.

Rupert & Tia
29-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Great thread!! :D

I am proud that when we got Rupert and Tia, Tia was sooo nervous that even if we looked at her, she would run off and hide.... Last night, she pressed herself against my arm, rested her ear on me and ate her herbs without flinching :D Goes to show - patience and determination pay off :D

nessar
29-09-2012, 09:38 AM
I am proud that I am constantly wishing/struggling to make their lives better, even though they already have what is considered 'okay' accommodation.

Elena
29-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm proud that my bunnies have the cnfidence to sit on my lap of their own volition to have their pellets.

(I'm also very proud of Mini, she's been so nice to be around the past couple of days, mischievous and affectionate)

tonibun
29-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Er, pride goes before a fall? I'm too modest to be proud of anything. Maybe a little proud of how my daughter turned out considering.

tonibun
29-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Sorry, just reread the question. I'm still getting over what the rubbiish people said! I suppose my one thing is I hate to see them dirty so they get cleaned out every day.

Jenova
29-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm proud of the fact that when Smoo first came here she was very affectionate but didn't like to be stepped over or hugged (on the floor but I put my arms around them and my head on them... I know I'm weird) and now she's fine with both. She used to be scared of the cat but with careful introductions she now ignores the cat (they don't interact but if I go to see them in the bedroom the kitty sometimes follows me in. Smoo used to scarper and stomp and now she doesn't). I also taught her to do a trick. She will stand up and walk on two legs for a grape. ;)

Grim doesn't care about anything. I'm very proud of how emotionally sound (if that's the right way to say it is) my rabbit are. I just wish their health was as good. :(

Sky-O
29-09-2012, 10:20 AM
The fact that I have gone into a job that allows me flexibility to meet whatever their needs are (which, in this case would mean mostly vet trips). My life can still revolve around them whilst ensuring I have enough money to be able to meet whatever needs they have and to not stress that I might have to rely on my parents.

bunnybabbitsboing
29-09-2012, 10:22 AM
That I can give them free range time every day that they really love :love:

BB Mommy
29-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Mine would also be that they are allowed freeranging time in the garden everyday, which I can see makes them so happy.
Despite them having large accommodation etc, I still ensure I have at least 6 hours during the day when rabbits can free range.

BattleKat
29-09-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm proud of the fact I successfully grew herbs and other bunny edible plants for them this year

Lea-Anne
29-09-2012, 11:02 AM
That they will voluntarily come up to me for a fuss :love:

Jack's-Jane
29-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm proud of the fact I successfully grew herbs and other bunny edible plants for them this year

Oooooo what have you grown ?? Any that could be grown in just a pot rather than on a plot in the garden ?

I just thought that it would be good for us to acknowledge a 'positive' as I know most of us usually feel we fall short in one way or another with regards to how we care for/provide for our Rabbits. I think we all know that there are things we could improve on, but that is for another thread.
This thread is to boost our self esteem :D

k1984
29-09-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm proud that Dolly is seen and treated as one of the family and not 'just a rabbit'. My whole family (OH, mum, mum-in-law, brothers, sis-in-laws, niece, nephew etc) all adore her.:love:

BattleKat
29-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Oooooo what have you grown ?? Any that could be grown in just a pot rather than on a plot in the garden ?

Various herbs mostly bought as young plants, a few bunny edible flowers (fuschia, lavender, nasturtiums, violas & hollyhock) and some semi-successful weeds (forget-me-nots, campanula, and some others I can't remember). There were also carrots, kohl rabi, celery and salad leaves but only the celery worked very well. oh, and strawberries, no fruit to speak of but lots of leaves!

I believe most of it could be grown in pots, we grew quite a bit in pots and it all did relatively well (in fact the strawberries in hanging baskets did much better than the ones in the ground). The nasturtiums are my favourite as the seeds are really cheap, they grow like wildfire even in a pot and bring a bit of colour.
In fact, I think it's recommended that you grow mint and lemon balm in pots because they can take over a bit if planted in the ground. :thumb:
Hopefully quite a bit of it will come back next year too which means I won't have to spend quite so much.

a photo of the herb patch in it's early days (now quite overgrown) - linky (http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/181884_10151077398959363_197450477_n.jpg)
and eli munching the lemon thyme that grew really well in a pot - linky (http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/603450_10151090992024363_1767639234_n.jpg)

sorry for the long answer, first time I've sucessfully kept a plant alive so I get a bit over exited! :lol:

honeybunny
29-09-2012, 12:48 PM
I am proud of the whole team , past and present, for the time, money, hard work, space in their homes ( thinking particularly Ange's dining table here! ) and emotional toil, given up willingly to help all the animals that have come to us

Coineanach
29-09-2012, 12:52 PM
I am currently bunniless, but joining in anyway. :D

I am proud that I have managed to show a few very angry and aggressive bunnies what love is. And I am proud of them for managing to change their bad habits and send some love back. :D:love:

I am proud of myself for learning so much about rabbits and their care, and applying it to make their lives better.

I am proud of the people on this forum who do the same, and then share their knowledge with others to improve the lives of buns all over the world!

We are all awesome :thumb:

Geoff's people
29-09-2012, 01:11 PM
The fact I am lucky enough that I live somewhere where space isn't an issue and I can provide ad lib forage for my buns practically all year round:love:

*lily*
29-09-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm proud that Louie is a totally free range rabbit 24 hours a day :D

Zahirre
29-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm proud of myself for joining RU and improving my bunnies lives in general. I'm also proud that when looking for our new rented house (and we found one!) the bunnies were part of the priority (along with the other animals) and we got them a garage for the winter time <3 Woohoo!!!

Zahirre
29-09-2012, 01:20 PM

Ooo... I managed to do this too :) I grew them all outside so they stayed alive :) (for once!) I grew sage, oregano, lavender, basil and some blackberry bushes :)

Lobo
29-09-2012, 01:21 PM
How much better their diet is now, a lot of which I have learned from this forum.

One of my proudest achievement is in this totally unremarkable photo.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx158/Lobo_1304/ChloePat.jpg

We took Chloe from a home where she was neglected. She was in a tiny wire hutch where she couldn't periscope and was fed and watered when remembered. As a result she was very aggressive, the woman's arm showed with bites and scratches up to the elbow. She was more like a tiger cub than a rabbit when taken from the cage, hissing, growling and kicking.

It took 30 hours from when she arrived until she came over and laid her head in my hand for a pat.

HoneyBear
29-09-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm proud of the work I have done with Alice!
When we picked her up from the RSPCA she was so withdrawn and unhappys she'd stay huddled in the corner all day and hardly ate or drank.
Once bonded with Bear she is like a completely different rabbit!
She is 1 contented lil lady and I know that's because we have made her life so much better for her :D

I'm also proud of the fact my bunnies probably have at least 10 times more space to run around than most and are even special enough to have their own room in our house!

yvette
29-09-2012, 02:14 PM
I am delighted that Mrs Bun will be 5 years old in November.I have NEVER had a bunny that lived that long.
All down to this forum.The things Ive learnt about bunny care/husbandry is just brilliant and my bunnies have all had better care now I know more.
She was in a 4ft hutch, now shes got a 6ft hutch and a 1ox8 shed, a husbun and all the trimmings.
All because of RU.

cpayne
29-09-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm proud that Doughnut is so excited to see me (or her pellets) every morning that she jumps on my lap and puts her paws on my chest and we have a little cuddle in between pellet feeding.

ripminnie
29-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I am proud that I successfully bonded my two pairs of bunnies, mainly thanks to Sky-o on here :wave: I'm also proud that, as a result of joining this forum, I vastly improved Olly and Honey's living quarters, from an indoor cage to the whole upstairs of the house :D and I'm proud that I rescued Daisy and Digby and made their lives so much happier, and gave them a bunny friend :D

Georgeypudding
29-09-2012, 03:11 PM
that people respect my opinion and come to me for advice on rabbit care :wave: that I have improved their living conditions :thumb:

Bluesmum
29-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I am proud that I have a confident affectionate (sometimes overly so :love: ) bunny...who spends her evenings flopped on my chest/tummy washing my face.

I love that she has the space and ability to show her true personality....even if she is a naughty little monster sometimes :lol:

I'm veyr proud of the fact that when people meet her for the first time they nearly always say 'I had no idea a bunny could be like that' Usually after being licked by her :love:

I love my Moomoo :love:

madcatwoman
29-09-2012, 04:07 PM
I am proud that all my bunnies past and present have been rescue bunnies for one reason or another.

I am proud of my accommodation (6x4 shed, attached aviary) and free range when we are home which is alot.

I am proud of my daughter now 14 who has cleaned out daily in all weathers, fed and watered daily. Yes it takes a reminder most days but she does it and has done since she was 8 years old.

Proud that I felt a lump on twinkle and reacted to it, a mammary tumour removed within the week. She might not like being picked up every week and checked over but it saved her life.

Proud of my daughter who stayed with Biscuit when we had to have her pts, my daughter was 12 at the time and told the vet through the tears it was her duty to stay with her.:cry: Then 4 weeks later made the decision again when her other bunny needed to go.

I will stop now lol

Mrs. Bunnykins
29-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm proud that I am able to make a difference to the lifes of bunnies. By way of helping existing owners, or by advising possible new owners.

whitehood
29-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm proud of trying to bond Jack and Lucky myself and then getting them bonded by someone else when I wasn't successful.
I'm proud of re homing Jack, so he got a partner somewhere else.
I'm proud of the accommodation Lucky has, better than the 3ft hutch he used to be housed in.
I'm proud of saving up for his vaccination, combo one 40gbp :lol:
And saving up for a dental if he needs one :wave:

MichG
29-09-2012, 05:44 PM
I am proud that Jasper is no longer an agressive bun. He is a very nervous bun but no longer displays aggression.
I am proud that I am able to provie all 11 with accomodation equal to or bigger than the RWAF minimum.
And I am proud of each any every one of them that has pulled through illness :D

I can't name just 1 :oops:

Rhianna
29-09-2012, 06:32 PM
I am proud of getting over my phobia of needles so I can inject buns (and cats) when necessary rather than them having the stress of being taken to the vet every other day.

I am proud of almost always (wasn't allowed to once by vet) staying with all of my fur kids when they have to be PTS, even though I find it incredibly difficult. I try hard not to cry and upset them - but usually fail miserably there:oops:

*lily*
29-09-2012, 06:57 PM
How much better their diet is now, a lot of which I have learned from this forum.

One of my proudest achievement is in this totally unremarkable photo.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx158/Lobo_1304/ChloePat.jpg

We took Chloe from a home where she was neglected. She was in a tiny wire hutch where she couldn't periscope and was fed and watered when remembered. As a result she was very aggressive, the woman's arm showed with bites and scratches up to the elbow. She was more like a tiger cub than a rabbit when taken from the cage, hissing, growling and kicking.

It took 30 hours from when she arrived until she came over and laid her head in my hand for a pat.

:love:

Alibunmum
29-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I am proud that I have cared for 13 buns from birth to adoption this year. The three I have are a joy to handle and the vet commented on how fab they were to handle and that they really show what it is possible to achieve with buns.:love:

suzibunbun
29-09-2012, 07:18 PM
I am proud of lots of things regarding my buns - but asked only for 1 I would say that all my 14 buns are healthy, have never been ill and none of them have any dental problems - I hope this means therefore that I am looking after and feeding them correctly :p:p

Fifibutton
29-09-2012, 07:54 PM
I am proud of all of my rabbits as they are all rescues and have mostly come from bad places with sad stories. The way they have improved health wise, grown, become relaxed and at ease, shown affection, done binkies and 500's, the list goes one. Basically that they are all such troopers despite having suffering a great deal previously in some cases, it brings tears to my eyes. They are so small and vulnerable but so amazing and deserving of our respect and love.

parsnipbun
29-09-2012, 08:58 PM
That, despite both working very hard in our jobs, and Steve working away most of week, we manage to collect and feed amazing forage every day,

that we keep them all well and happy as possible, and full of hay,

and that when they need a vet we know we can take them to one we and they can rely on.

I am also proud that they are all insured so I never need to say 'no thats too expensive' about treatments

(alas Albus came to us with an existing condition that could not be insured , but we still never refused any treatment)

I am also proud of keeping all the babies that were accidents . . .

and I am also just endlessly proud of Parsley for being the most amazing bunny ever . . .

and I am proud of the fact that I have become relatively knowledgable about bunny medicines (thanks to Jacks jane for help with that wave::wave:)

and that I provide forage for so many other buns as well!!!

(thats quite enough proudness for the day!!!!):oops::oops::oops:

Jack's-Jane
29-09-2012, 09:04 PM
See all in all we are not doing too bad are we !! :D

Not 'perfick' but we'll all keep working towards that :D

Kavanne
29-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I was especially proud when the vet commented how confident and calm my buns are, even in the scary examination room!

Fellie
29-09-2012, 09:35 PM
I am proud that OH and I have learnt so much about these amazing creatures and that despite our initial ignorance we have 2 happy, daft, healthy babies.

Carley
29-09-2012, 09:37 PM
I am proud of the fact that I am much more educated in bunny care now. I feed wonderful hay, fresh forage and am bonding my two :)

sierra*323
29-09-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm proud of how much I've improved Finx and Tango's lives. Before I joined RU, Finx (my first rabbit) lived in a 4ft indoor cage and came out to free range the flat for 3 or 4 hours a day.

Since then, I've had her spayed, vaccinated and insured, adopted Tango, bonded them at home and moved them both outside to a 6ft hutch with attached run :thumb:

bumblicious
29-09-2012, 10:40 PM
That I have 2 happy bunnies? Does that count?

Ruthie xxx

happysaz133
30-09-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm proud that I spent £450 on a shed just for the bunnies. That was an awful lot of money that really depleated my savings. And yes, most of the villagers think I am mental. That's OK. My bunnies have loads of space, its nice and warm, secure and as all of them lived in tiny cages previously, it makes me feel good :D

Jack's-Jane
30-09-2012, 11:32 AM
That I have 2 happy bunnies? Does that count?

Ruthie xxx

It most definitely does ! :D

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
30-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm proud of my bunnies' set up :D

lucy24
30-09-2012, 01:06 PM
the fact that Daisy is no longer scared to be touched :love::love:

Jenson
30-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Jenson is quite a shy bunny but he bounces round to see me, runs round my feet, will sit on my lap on the floor. We get binkies and bunny 500's and fuss time and that he eats lots of hay.

I've also learned the importance of instincts with bunnies and to trust them when I've felt something was wrong.

That although I may not post that often here, I do keep reading posts improve my knowledge about rabbits.

Jane, great idea for a thread. :wave:

Ninny
30-09-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm proud that after the rubbish start Stanley had to his life (he's a rescue ) he seems so happy here with his new wife Chilly and they both rush to great me. I'm pretty proud of their set up too :D

Georgeypudding
30-09-2012, 06:37 PM
another!

That Imogen is now comfortable enough to give me licks! :shock:

bunny mad lisa
30-09-2012, 06:57 PM
i'm proud of all the rescue bunnies i have rehomed and made a difference to their lives

Im proud of the knowledge i have accumilated and that my vet actually asks me questions sometimmes so she can learn more about rabbits!

I'm proud that my bunnies never want for anything...although i am now poor:lol:

happybun
30-09-2012, 07:09 PM
my bunnies are shiny. the vet says 'these are in good condition!' admiringly.

Gemmapookie
30-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Im proud that my buns always come first, and that even if Im poorly I will drag myself out of bed on my hands and knees to care for them if thats what it takes. I will stay up with them all night if theyre poorly and continually try to improve their lives.

The thing Im probably most proud of is successfully getting Mimi through her head tilt, which I dont mind saying was bloody hard work both emotionally andphysically! :love:

luvabun
30-09-2012, 07:34 PM
That having taking bunnies on, I took full responsibility for their needs and health care and have spent thousands on Vet bills. Gosh, that sounds like I "kept" them alive for me but that's not the case, they had quality of life as well.

JJS
30-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I is proud that I was able to help Mr Wilbur:love: before and immediately after his leg amputation - i hadnt done anything like that before and he was my first foster bunny. The he had his plums chopped:shock: and I helped him thru that too.

Now he is all fur grown and ready for re-homing.

He gave me such alot of inspiration...his little life changed and he didnt understand what was going on but was so trusting and as a result he has helped me come to terms with having to have surgery last week..... mine too was life changing and i do understand but I have a positive cheery outlook because of him.

Thank Mr W.:wave:

MimzMum
01-10-2012, 03:58 AM
I can't say proud per se...but I am thankful that having bunnies for five years has taught me much about living in the moment. It doesn't mean I never wring my hands, but all I have to do is look at Mimzy, living with a 90 degree head tilt, and apparently not feeling the least deprived unless breakfast is late. :)
I could've given up four months ago. Watching his poor wee body roll across his habitat and smash into the sides. Seeing the obvious confusion in his darting eyes. Fearing night after night that he'd land hard enough to break his neck or his back. Or the great cold hand that would clutch my heart each morning wondering if I'd find him alive or dead.
My heart bun...how much sleep I have lost over him...how much peace I have forfeited...and I don't care...he is still with me and appears happy enough to continue to do so.
I learned to successfully give subcutaneous fluids on my own. (Well...up to when I bled him but he took it better than I did and seemed to not need them after that anyway) and I am a person who doesn't fare well with needles.

I could not have become even half the bunny mum I am now without the help of many folks here at RU. I have a long way to go yet and the way is clearer than it was.

I just want to tell you all, thank you. :love:

courtneydayle
01-10-2012, 04:13 AM
That I loved them so much before I even got them. It seemed like we knew each other right off. Knew what they like and everything. And how comfortable they are so quickly.

bunnymadhouse
01-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I am currently bunniless, but joining in anyway. :D

I am proud that I have managed to show a few very angry and aggressive bunnies what love is. And I am proud of them for managing to change their bad habits and send some love back. :D:love:

I am proud of myself for learning so much about rabbits and their care, and applying it to make their lives better.

I am proud of the people on this forum who do the same, and then share their knowledge with others to improve the lives of buns all over the world!

We are all awesome :thumb:

:thumb:

bunnymadhouse
01-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I am proud of the fact that I have learnt so much and I am still learning so much about bunnies that I am now confident that any bunny I take on with live a happy,full life .

I am also proud that I dont give up on any bun despite any problems or illness it might have . Everybun deserves to nbe happy , comfortable and loved :D

Aly&Poppy<3
01-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I am proud of the fact they are all neutered and spayed, even if Poppy was a bit late.. I begged my mom and dad for years until I could pay for it myself..! I like that I know Donny and Lola are happy together and I won't get any babies out of it :lol:

dutchbunny
01-10-2012, 09:14 AM
I am proud that my bunnies associate me with getting food so they get excited every time I enter their room. :lol:
I am proud that they have a loving home with 2 owners who will do ANYTHING to keep them healthy.

PinkBun
01-10-2012, 09:32 AM
coming on this forum and learning how to care for rabbits properly. And now i've enriched Snowy's life and she's happier than before;)

xlaurax
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Their brilliant diet and how they used to be nervous around me and now don't fear me at all :D

Kermit
01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
I am proud that I took my Inca when not many people would. She was a bit of a mess after being taken into Bunnyhops by the RSPCA. She needs daily special care but I love the lil' lady (oh and I love Herbie too, although he ain't as much trouble to look after, just in case he gets annoyed at me for talking about Inca!)

MissSherwood89
01-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Being able to let them run free as they please (not that they leave our room much! :lol:)

supersonic
01-10-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm proud I taught Sonic to know his boundaries :') We don't have fences all the way around the garden, but he knows where to stop. Only when I'm out though, too many foxes and cats around to let him out unsupervised :(

Amy104
01-10-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm proud of the fact that although I can't always fix them when they are poorly I always try my best.

Jaysmonkey
04-10-2012, 12:35 PM
I am proud that I had to honour of meeting Lola :love::love::love:

bethepoet
08-10-2012, 02:31 AM
I'm proud that we moved house in order to keep our rabbits inside, rather than rehome them.

pipkoi
08-10-2012, 07:41 AM
I am especially proud of the fact that today Nigel & I celebrate our Pearl (30th) wedding anniversary. Love you Nigel xx:love::love:

sparklefairy
08-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm proud that non of my buns have ever been shut in a hutch, ever.:D
I'm proud that Gypsy, who was once the most scared and nervous little bunny I have ever met, grew into a very confident and bossy madam :love:
I am proud that Gypsy was strong enough to fight against EC and is still well a year later :love:
I am happy and proud that Gypsy and Storm have so far spent 7 happy years together :love:
I'm proud that I go without so that they can have things and that I rush off to pick my son up from school with hay in my hair and fur on my clothes :lol:
I'm proud that my buns are so friendly, loving, affectionate and laid back :love:

tulsi
25-03-2013, 08:37 PM
What a great thread! I am proud that my rabbits are truely a part of the family. I love hearing them at night (they go to sleep around 9.00 and wake just as its getting light) and i love seeing them during the day. They truely bring joy to my heart. I am proud that i am able to give them a comfortable and spacious home x Just thought of another, that the vet referred to me as 'a knowledgeable' re; neuter after care.

sally1974
25-03-2013, 09:01 PM
What a super thread :love:

I'm proud that my bunnies have so much free time

I am proud that my bunnies eat better than me :lol:

I'm proud that I found two bunnies who I successfully managed to bond :D

newbabybuns
25-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Lovely thread Jane :)

I am proud I can now recognise even more bunny behaviours and illnesses than I could before.

I am proud I built a lovely aviary and playhouse for them ready for summer

I am especially proud of nursing Frankie through an illness when she was a baby(pet shop bunny probably taken too early from mum causing tummy issues). She was very nearly bought by someone else as a friend for their other bunny. Might be presumptuous but they didn't look like bunny people and I imagine she would have been dumped in with the other one and left to it. My friend told me she didn't think Frankie would be alive if she had been bought by the other people that day, it felt like a really nice compliment from my friend. It was a good few months getting her well. The vet admitted afterwards he didn't think she'd recover as she was very sick.

Charlotte_Jordanna
25-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm proud that my bunnies have so much room to run about.
I'm proud too, that they're a part of my family, and that they want to be around us.
:love:

Hesperus
25-03-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm proud that I can recognise when Ludo's poos are even a tiny bit wrong and take steps to put it right.

I'm also proud (on the same note) that I check his poos before I have breakfast, get dressed etc myself in the morning.

Fifibutton
25-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Well I have learned a lot. I am now able to cope with things if they happen suddenly. Ten years ago I did not have a bunny first aid kit or medical supplies at home. Now I do and it has helped to save some of my bunnies. Things like fibre plex or avipro plus. Experience also helps. Until 2012 none of my buns had had very much wrong with them and then all of a sudden we were hit with dental issues, snuffles, glaucoma, mysterious wounds and limps, fungal infections and so on. It was a real baptism of fire. But now I am prepared and I know I can do it. It doesn't put me off having more buns and in fact I prefer to adopt the ones who have something wrong and are deemed unadoptable by most people. Most recently my Mona has had a stroke and is paralysed so her mobility is vastly reduced. She has had associated problems too and her life has changed vastly. but she seems to be happy and still has quality of life. She needs daily care and education and its become a routine now.

I have always been adept at syringe feeding, claw clipping and administering meds and feel able to handle any bunny. I've never felt daunted in that respect. I also think our bunnies have really good homes, large and filled with enrichment. And best of all they are surrounded by hay and grass. They have the freedom to exhibit their natural behaviours which is something we have always given them.

I'm very proud of Mona as she was my very first rabbit almost 11 years ago and she is still with me. She has a lovely temperament and has been with me through thick and thin :love:

Iíve also managed to turn my family into rabbit lovers too and all of them have done a great deal for the rabbits over the years. We have all learned and grown together. Itís been hard too though when bunnies have died. Hindsight and guilt fuel a lot of regrets, things I wish I had done or known at the time :( But I suppose the best way to honour bridge bunnies is by continuing to help their kind.

Angie B
25-03-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm glad that my bunny girls (2) are right pampered little things! When it's cold/windy/wet/any combination they are let out to free-range but the door to the shed is open so they can come back in if they want (they free-range while I'm cleaning out their hutch which is in the shed). When the weather's bad, I don't make them go out in their run all day; instead the hutch door is open so they can go in and out and wander around the shed, finding the goodies that I've scattered around the floor for them to munch on. At night they have 2 snugglesafe heat pads and lots of straw and they get fussed over and stroked and ... and ... and everything :love: - whether they want it or not :lol: I love my little furry exocet missiles (you should see them shift when I call them in for food!) to bits and even my husband said "you dote on them!". Squeeee :love:

bunkin
26-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm proud that I have overcome my ocd about having a clean and tidy house and brought my bun inside to be a housebun as he is sooo happy. Never seen a happy bunny flop from him in the two half years we have had him but he did one straight away once inside and we get many a day now.

biscandmatt1
26-03-2013, 11:51 AM
i was really proud when the vet said to me that if i wasn't the way i was (obsessive!) that bisc and matt would either be very very ill or not here at all. so i was glad my obsessiveness came in handy for something. :thumb: although the vet has alot to do with getting them better. :D

i am proud that they know how much they are loved aswell and will never have to know the feeling of not being fed well, or being neglected.

catherine09
26-03-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm proud that they already have over the RWAF recommended minimum space but yet I've just bought a new house which when erected (and extended!) will give them almost double the space they currently have.

I'm also proud of the fact that I am extremely fussy about the quality of hay I give them. I went to one supplier and their bales were horrible and mould spores all over them so I refused to buy any yet a woman was picking up 5 for her rabbits and guinea pigs :?

And I guess I'm proud of how I'm always trying to learn more in order to enrich their lives and continuously improve their diet, acommodation etc

ripminnie
26-03-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm proud that I have overcome my ocd about having a clean and tidy house and brought my bun inside to be a housebun as he is sooo happy. Never seen a happy bunny flop from him in the two half years we have had him but he did one straight away once inside and we get many a day now.

Aww that's lovely :love:

Hele
26-03-2013, 01:31 PM
I was proud when my vet was explaining the risks of treating a hammy with a broken leg but said she knew I was a very sensible owner she just had to say her stuff.

I am also very proud of how my two are hay monsters :love:

Less proud of how both of them appear to be losing their litter training slightly :evil::lol:

Deelove
26-03-2013, 01:40 PM
I am proud that they are so friendly and tame that they have won my OH over and get to have whole floor of a house to themselves. I'm also pretty proud that they are nearly 8 and 7 now and have only been to the vets for vaccinations and neuters except for one brief Faline stasis issue in her youth. Not my doing, but i'm still pleased about it. :lol:

DomaNikki
26-03-2013, 01:46 PM
I am proud that I have educated myself so much over the years of what a rabbits accommodation should be.

I am always trying to make things bigger, better and more exciting for them and I see how happy they are everyday and that makes me happy.

I managed to successfully bond my first couple of rabbits.

I have started fostering rabbits and now able to help other people and rabbits out :)

LittleEskimo
26-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Choosing the right buddy for Rosie all by chance.

Managing to save up for their hutch and run along with squeezing the whole thing into the garden :lol:

cpayne
26-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm proud that I didn't give up on Doughnut when I was told she was acting normal by a specialist and she was in fact very unwell and seeked a fourth opinion.

Fellie
26-03-2013, 03:01 PM
I am proud that we've learnt so much in the last year and have listened to what people have told us. I am very happy that we got Bobo a bunny wife last year and more than chuffed that we finally bonded them as Harley is such a happy little girl now.
I am proud that we put our Rabbits and animals first - they are always foremost in any plans we make.

And I am proud that we have spent small fortunes on them all - even the hamsters - at the vets, either ensuring their wellbeing or stopping any suffering in it's tracks.

megansmummy
26-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Mine would be that despite having various bunnies that have struggled with weight issues and various health issues we have worked through to find a diet that works for them...I spend alot of time out foraging and what I cant find I source either via the internet or via local FB pages etc :thumb:

larndridge
26-03-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm proud that Java is five years old and still shows me affection and trust.

He was a rescue running wild, then he caught myxomatosis (despite both of them being vaccinated) at two years old and we spent six awful months saving his life, and the life of his wifeybun, only for her to leave him a year later. I think that's more his achievement than mine, but his endurance, vitality, and love of life astonishes me.

chloeturner
26-03-2013, 07:54 PM
I'm proud that I improved Mistys already great life before she suddenly left me. I'm proud that I rescued a baby bun from being set free when it most definitely would not have survived the night, and I'm chuffed at how quickly she's settled in and how affectionate she is considering having very little human contact for the first weeks of her life. I'm proud that she already seems to know only to wee wee in her cage! Not one accident despite free ranging all day!

Off topic of buns, but I'm very proud to have a 13 year old dog who's still going strong, who loves me very much!

There's always things we can improve, but we put ourselves down far too much :wave:

olices
26-03-2013, 08:34 PM
-That i managed to bond two bunnies last year that have been totally in love ever since
-That due to me working shifts and my hubby working 9-5, they are on their own for a very small part of the day and out and about in the house most of the
day
- That I sorted out where they would go when we go away in the next few months, before we booked our trip. Once I knew they would be ok then we booked
our bit!
:wave:

Ellasyn
26-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Im proud to have taken on a "rabbit and people aggressive" bunny and given her the chance for a wonderful life with a husbun, space, yummy foods and lots of love. She never growls now (spaying took most of that) and she actually hops on my lap for cuddles. She also makes Herbie buns life complete.

wendle
27-03-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm especially Proud of my husband .. Despite having breast cancer, having a full mastectomy, all his lymph nodes removed, various infections with the chemo, then rushed him back in 2 weeks ago couldn't breathe he has 4 blood clots 2 on each lung , so now added to the chemo, he's having to inject himself with 2 injections daily for 6 months, and he still keeps smiling even tho underneath my smile its killing me but we are soldiering on thru we will get there only 4 more chemos to go :wave:

And of course he also helps with the indoor bunnys which is good too caught him cuddling little violet 2 days ago :)

Neleh
27-03-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm especially Proud of my husband .. Despite having breast cancer, having a full mastectomy, all his lymph nodes removed, various infections with the chemo, then rushed him back in 2 weeks ago couldn't breathe he has 4 blood clots 2 on each lung , so now added to the chemo, he's having to inject himself with 2 injections daily for 6 months, and he still keeps smiling even tho underneath my smile its killing me but we are soldiering on thru we will get there only 4 more chemos to go :wave:

And of course he also helps with the indoor bunnys which is good too caught him cuddling little violet 2 days ago :)

Wow that is something to be proud of! Hugs to you both. Xx