• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Name One Thing You are Especially Proud of About Your Rabbit Care

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Yes, this is a rare chance for us NOT to beat ourselves up about our shortcomings. So NO negative 'buts' allowed :D

I'll start. I am proud of the fact that I have vastly improved my Rabbit's accommodation.

Great thread!! :D

I am proud that when we got Rupert and Tia, Tia was sooo nervous that even if we looked at her, she would run off and hide.... Last night, she pressed herself against my arm, rested her ear on me and ate her herbs without flinching :D Goes to show - patience and determination pay off :D

I am proud that I am constantly wishing/struggling to make their lives better, even though they already have what is considered 'okay' accommodation.

I'm proud that my bunnies have the cnfidence to sit on my lap of their own volition to have their pellets.

(I'm also very proud of Mini, she's been so nice to be around the past couple of days, mischievous and affectionate)

Er, pride goes before a fall? I'm too modest to be proud of anything. Maybe a little proud of how my daughter turned out considering.

Sorry, just reread the question. I'm still getting over what the rubbiish people said! I suppose my one thing is I hate to see them dirty so they get cleaned out every day.

I'm proud of the fact that when Smoo first came here she was very affectionate but didn't like to be stepped over or hugged (on the floor but I put my arms around them and my head on them... I know I'm weird) and now she's fine with both. She used to be scared of the cat but with careful introductions she now ignores the cat (they don't interact but if I go to see them in the bedroom the kitty sometimes follows me in. Smoo used to scarper and stomp and now she doesn't). I also taught her to do a trick. She will stand up and walk on two legs for a grape. ;)

Grim doesn't care about anything. I'm very proud of how emotionally sound (if that's the right way to say it is) my rabbit are. I just wish their health was as good. :(

The fact that I have gone into a job that allows me flexibility to meet whatever their needs are (which, in this case would mean mostly vet trips). My life can still revolve around them whilst ensuring I have enough money to be able to meet whatever needs they have and to not stress that I might have to rely on my parents.

Mine would also be that they are allowed freeranging time in the garden everyday, which I can see makes them so happy.
Despite them having large accommodation etc, I still ensure I have at least 6 hours during the day when rabbits can free range.

I'm proud of the fact I successfully grew herbs and other bunny edible plants for them this year

Oooooo what have you grown ?? Any that could be grown in just a pot rather than on a plot in the garden ?

I just thought that it would be good for us to acknowledge a 'positive' as I know most of us usually feel we fall short in one way or another with regards to how we care for/provide for our Rabbits. I think we all know that there are things we could improve on, but that is for another thread.
This thread is to boost our self esteem :D

I'm proud that Dolly is seen and treated as one of the family and not 'just a rabbit'. My whole family (OH, mum, mum-in-law, brothers, sis-in-laws, niece, nephew etc) all adore her.:love:

Oooooo what have you grown ?? Any that could be grown in just a pot rather than on a plot in the garden ?

Various herbs mostly bought as young plants, a few bunny edible flowers (fuschia, lavender, nasturtiums, violas & hollyhock) and some semi-successful weeds (forget-me-nots, campanula, and some others I can't remember). There were also carrots, kohl rabi, celery and salad leaves but only the celery worked very well. oh, and strawberries, no fruit to speak of but lots of leaves!

I believe most of it could be grown in pots, we grew quite a bit in pots and it all did relatively well (in fact the strawberries in hanging baskets did much better than the ones in the ground). The nasturtiums are my favourite as the seeds are really cheap, they grow like wildfire even in a pot and bring a bit of colour.
In fact, I think it's recommended that you grow mint and lemon balm in pots because they can take over a bit if planted in the ground. :thumb:
Hopefully quite a bit of it will come back next year too which means I won't have to spend quite so much.

a photo of the herb patch in it's early days (now quite overgrown) - linky
and eli munching the lemon thyme that grew really well in a pot - linky

sorry for the long answer, first time I've sucessfully kept a plant alive so I get a bit over exited! :lol:

I am proud of the whole team , past and present, for the time, money, hard work, space in their homes ( thinking particularly Ange's dining table here! ) and emotional toil, given up willingly to help all the animals that have come to us

I am currently bunniless, but joining in anyway. :D

I am proud that I have managed to show a few very angry and aggressive bunnies what love is. And I am proud of them for managing to change their bad habits and send some love back. :D:love:

I am proud of myself for learning so much about rabbits and their care, and applying it to make their lives better.

I am proud of the people on this forum who do the same, and then share their knowledge with others to improve the lives of buns all over the world!

We are all awesome :thumb:

The fact I am lucky enough that I live somewhere where space isn't an issue and I can provide ad lib forage for my buns practically all year round:love:

I'm proud of myself for joining RU and improving my bunnies lives in general. I'm also proud that when looking for our new rented house (and we found one!) the bunnies were part of the priority (along with the other animals) and we got them a garage for the winter time <3 Woohoo!!!

Back