• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone elses rabbit done this?!?!

MoBo

Alpha Buck
I tried Rose Wine today & Mo decided to stick his head in the glass & try some too!!!! He now won't leave glass alone so it has been moved, but he is still staring at it??

Has anyone elses rabbits had a taste for something odd that they shouldn't like?!?! Xx

I tried Rose Wine today & Mo decided to stick his head in the glass & try some too!!!! He now won't leave glass alone so it has been moved, but he is still staring at it??

Has anyone elses rabbits had a taste for something odd that they shouldn't like?!?! Xx

Angel once stole some of my pepsi and now I have to make sure I never leave any where she can get to it.

There has been a few threads on this subject over the last few years which have been really, really funny. The two that i remember most is the bun who stole the lasagne and the one who ran off with the pizza crust across the room :lol:

Temperance accidentally got a taste of chocolate at easter and now she is a chocolate fiend. We had a toblerone a few months back and twice she ran off with the box (fortunately she toblerone fell out as she pulled it off the table). We had some popcorn a few weeks ago and she was trying to get in about that. Anything sweet really.

If you look carefully you can see bunny teeth marks on the toblerone box. On this occasion she was distracted by the glass that had had pineapple juice in it before she reached the toblerone box.
528075_10151890731435065_1611900143_n.jpg

Normally with glasses she'll try and pick them up, obviously she can't hold them in her teeth and they just end up getting dropped on the floor.

Mo is a swine for nicking food. He has pinched garlic bread off our plates, pinched the slice of toast I was eating, ran off with a chocolate digestive to the other end of the room and jumped in to a plate full of curry!!

A lot of bunnies like roses so it's probably that he likes the smell of? Either that or you've got an alcoholic bun :lol:

In the past I've had bunnies eat jaffa cakes, shortbread and the worst... mushroom balti :?

Everytime I put my glass of water down next to the bench in the garden my rabbit Acorn tries to knock it over. He makes a beeline for it, and today I wasn't quick enough and his mission was successful.

Not sure if he is offended by the glass in some way .... that's what it feels like! ;lol

Loki loves anything that I drink, water, juices, squash, fizzy stuff and alcohol! He has stolen a few mouthfuls of wkd and has mugged me for vodka and coke, though I won on that occasion! :shock::shock::shock:

The only thing he doesn't steal is tea, prob cos it has milk in.

Boris helped himself to some gingerbread when he was little :shock: And ate quite a bit too! He was fine though :shock:

I think they'll go for most sweet things if given a chance.
Thumper went crackers if I had flapjack. It was so bad I kept them in the fridge, & would go out to the garden shed to eat one. :oops: I soon just gave them up. It wasn't fair on him. With his stasis probs he couldn't even risk 1 crumb.
He made me laugh by chinning every morsel of his own food = "Strictly reserved for ME - NO thieves" I tried to tell him that I wasn't interested in his food, but he did it all his life!:lol:

Both buns were very interested in my tea (1 sugar) I've got to be very careful lest it's too hot. They're NOT allowed to drink it either, there's milk in it!

When Benjie was young he was very interested in my food, & would hop up beside me to examine my supper. I was careful to turn the potatoe away from him. He soon decided I was off my trolley to eat that "muck" & sticks to his own forage now.

Parsley is a gannet with an iron stomach.
He managed to escape from his pen in the living room and there was a bag filed with chocolate and rocky road chocolate chunks.
He managed half a 500gram Turkish delight and some of the rocky road chunks.
I was so worried that he would be Ill but he was fine.
He also likes to drink water out of glasses.
And he stole an empty muffin box and I had to chase him around the room to get it back.
:lol: then the time he jumped up rummaged about the shopping bag located the crackers and managed to open the box and grab one.
He still had it in his mouth when I lifted him off the couch, wouldn't let go .

My boy Sam was always in trying to get anything he could. Most of the time though he wanted haribo. And a few occasions I had to pull haribo out of his mouth. :shock:.

I'm going to sounds like a terrible owner for this -risks flames-

But one time my uncle bought me one of those chocolate bunnies. After he came over I couldn't find it ANYWHERE and gave up looking for it. Somehow it had gotten pulled under a very heavy set of drawers and I found it weeks later- Opened up with a VERY squashed An (she's a giant rabbit) under the draws, chewing away at the remaining bits! :shock: She was fine afterwards but now if she smells chocolate you better run! She'll bite your boots to get some!

Also my boys once managed to get out overnight and eat my chilli plant INCLUDING the chilli. They had bad tummies the next day but after that were right as rain :roll:

Back