• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Infacol vs Gripe Water

I prefer to use Gripe Water, it seems to be more palatable and it also contains dill seed oil which is a natural antispasmodic which may help with the colic like pain gas can cause

I usually give 2-4 ml (depending on size of Rabbit) every 3-4 hours. Occasionally every 2 hours, will depend on specific case.

I also prefer gripe water, purely on the basis that when I gave Dudley infacol last year, I found maggots in the litter tray even though I was cleaning it twice a day :shock: it wasn't even that hot and it was the overnight tray, I had never seen that before and I can only assume that infacol makes the poo irresistible to flies. So as there is an alternative, I prefer to reduce the risk that way!

Thanks Jane. I may get some tomorrow for first aid kit.

Had to take Katy to Cassie's appt this aft instead as she stopped eating!!! Gut stimulant, pain killer and some infacol (as she had a little gas). She is just starting to show interest in food :roll:

I also prefer gripe water, purely on the basis that when I gave Dudley infacol last year, I found maggots in the litter tray even though I was cleaning it twice a day :shock: it wasn't even that hot and it was the overnight tray, I had never seen that before and I can only assume that infacol makes the poo irresistible to flies. So as there is an alternative, I prefer to reduce the risk that way!

:shock:

Back