• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Three myxi buns * update* Twilight has gone :'(

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Merlin - more or less back to normal - bump on nose but otherwise fine :D

Mulberry - still on antibiotics and slightly lumpy and wheezy but eating well and out and about all day as usual :)

Twilight - not so good. On baytril and septrin but very sneezy and quiet. Eating but not much and ignoring herbs/dandelions etc. :(

Any vibes out there? :wave:

Last edited:
Oh no, I had no idea :cry:

Millions of vibes for them. Did they all have the new combi vaccine ??

Ah, it's been since last week (Saturday) but I hadn't posted in Rabbit Chat.

Thank you. They had the old one (vet has now switched). M and M had it 4 months ago and Twilight was five months. He does have a tendency to respiratory probs though hence he's been hit hardest.

Oh no, so sorry to hear this :( I do hope they all pull through ok, extra special vibes for the poorly Twilight x x

not sure what to say - (apart from sending thoughts etc) responses always seem SO variable - of the three we have had who had it over the years the one that seemed to have it least was Damson who had not been vaccinated for 12 months (he was booked in that week - and it was a reccomended 12 month vaccine then), Viola Rose had it pretty bad (would definitely not have got through without very intensive nursing and nebulising) and was at her 6 month limit on vaccine, and poor Hawthorn had the most awful time and sadly could not win despite our really intensive care - and he had had the jump a month before he got it (and every 6 months prior to that).

Have you tried nebulising - we found it did wonders - we nebulised with F10 but even saline will help.

Thank you for all the vibes... :wave:

Thanks, Twigs, I tried nebulising this morning. It seemed to help a bit but he's still looking very sorry for himself and eating very little. Have given him zantac and syringe fed him and will ring the vet in a minute. It may be he needs a bit longer for the septrin to kick in - started Wednesday evening. Will see what she says... :?

ETA He has an appointment at 4.10. That will give the septrin a few more hours to kick in. Vet will then be able to see whether we're likely to win - she's working tomorrow morning so has the option of giving him 24 more hours as well to see if there's any change. The myxy seems to be less nodular than on the other two buns, so am worried it's the rarer respiratory form that killed Drusilla :cry:. Or it might be that Twilight's lungs are compromised anyway - he's always had a tendency to respiratory problems. Either way it's not looking good at the moment. :cry:

Last edited:
Sending loads of vibes Nicky. Glad the 2 M's seem to be fighting it and lots of extra vibes for poor Twilight..hugs for you xxxx

Sending loads of vibes Nicky. Glad the 2 M's seem to be fighting it and lots of extra vibes for poor Twilight..hugs for you xxxx

Thank you.... xxxx Twilight is Mulberry's partner so she will be very sad if we lose him, although she's also very close to Merlin (Honeybunnies sticking together :love:) I'm really concerned for Twilight..

Merlin and Mulberry

Picture1065.jpg

Mulberry and Twilight

Picture566.jpg

Twilight being his normal cheeky self :(

Picture553.jpg

Thank you everyone for the vibes...

I would recommend nebulising f10 if the vet agrees and also using plug in of a gentle child friendly . e had a nodule in the nose viola rose had bad wheezing and survived.

we did use metacam in case she had a nodule in the nose and generally as an anti inflammatory

He's mouth breathing. Off to vets soon. :cry:

ETA He's gone. Vet advised pts as he had made no progress even with two different antibiotics, had stopped eating, and was starting to struggle to breathe. His lungs were badly affected and she didn't think it fair to prolong things even overnight. Mulberry, thinking about it, had already said goodbye to him - for the first time ever he was sitting on his own away from her this morning, and she's been ignoring him the last two days. She seems happy with Merlin and they both seem to be on the mend from their myxi. We think Twilight had the same form as Drusilla.. :cry:

Picture556.jpg

RIP little Twilight.... :cry:

Last edited:
Back