• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't you hate the feeling that something is wrong - UD post 16

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
:evil: nothing is wrong with them, they're eating, running around, being normal rabbits but I can't shake that feeling :? I think it might be because I've given Immy such a dodgey hair cut she looks really wrong :oops:

Last edited:
Yes - I have had a lot of bad luck with the animals lately, had a lot go to the bridge in a short period. Now I almost dread going out to see the buns instead of looking forward to it as I'm dreading that someone else has gotten ill. I hope the feeling passes soon.

Amy I really hope rabbits become a joy for you again soon!

Heres a piccy of Imogen!
422727_10151441620220558_481068240_n.jpg

it's awful! :lol: more poor baby :love: I did discover she has a dewlap yesterday though! :lol: I'm going to go through it with a fine tooth comb later to see if it will look better!

well, this morning the rabbits are acting strangely :? They've eaten some treats, and a bit of hawthorn but the hay rack is still pretty much full, some pellets are on the floor :? I want to give them more hawthorn (as they went nuts for it!) but they've never had it before so I don't want to risk upsetting their tums :(

When Barney dipped his face in the waterbowl like that, it seemed to indicate pain, as he stopped when on metacam for a few days. It coincided with him not wanting to eat his hay much. Never found out what it was though, had dentals done but there were only teeny spurs, and whilst it would stop whilst he was on the metacam for the dental, it would start again a couple of weeks after he was off it. Then it just stopped. And due to our finds about his gut recently, my vet thinks most of the times I had him in for dentals may have been a misdiagnosis of his gut issues, the pain in his gut causing him not to want to eat. We never found out what the dipping of his face in his bowl meant though really, apart from that it coincided with pain.

Sorry, I dont mean to say that she could have issues anywhere like Barney's, because he is just a big fluffy ball of problems, he is an older bun, and I think badly bred. But if you have a feeling that something is not right, and they arent eating properly and she is dipping her face in the water bowl like that - it could indicate a problem.

Georgeypudding

Amy I really hope rabbits become a joy for you again soon!

Thank you. Its just because I love them sooo much and worry alot :love:

Could there be something wrong with the hay if none of them are eating it? Got damp or anything?

The haircut looks fine, you should see my Casper after I've had the scissors out.

I'm going to put that rack of hay in the bin and try some more, it's all out of the same bale though! they're still eating little bits but seem a bit bored or tired or something!

they're back to normal now! I gave them some new food yesterday and I think it upset their tums a bit :wave: poos are small and dark but they're there and getting bigger :thumb:

Back