• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yet another odd trait

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Last night I was making sure the buns had everything they needed for the night time and I noticed they were both licking the hall rug ?? I know they lick people and other buns as a sign of affection/hierarchy but this confuses me. It is a new rug (they didn't lick the old one). According to the website it's made of jute? According to the internet this is a plant fiber so maybe they just like the taste? I know in dogs carpet licking can be a sign of anxiety... hope my buns aren't anxious (they had a long snuggle and a snooze afterwards so I don't think they're that anxious!).

Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks bunparents!

One of my buns licks the cushions on the sofa, and they both lick the velvety outer part of their pet bed. I hope it isn't a sign of anxiety, I just thought they liked the texture.

I think it is just the texture they like.

Peter licks my dressing gown and nothing else, it is nice and soft and fleecy!!

Maybe I should put it down to the default reason that I ascribe to many things they do ie 'Because they're bonkers' :lol:

Maybe I should put it down to the default reason that I ascribe to many things they do ie 'Because they're bonkers' :lol:

PS How sad is it that I can't look at my own message signature without wanting to kiss Littlist Bun's tiny face and tell her how beaut she is :D

Biscuit grooms EVERYTHING.

Socks, skin, hair, floorboards, radiators, doors, doorframes, rugs, fleeces, cardboard, plastic tunnels, plastic stools, carpets, litter trays, water bowls, window frames, skirting boards, log rolls, apple twigs, pear twigs....

I think you get the gist :lol:

Back