• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy and Noodle in for spaying today.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Not only do I having Lola recovering from an emergency spay, but I've booked Daisy and Noodle in for their ops today.
Daisy is 3 but we had to put her on a diet on arrival. She is thinner now so it's time to crack on and get her neutered.
Noodle is 7 and I have debated about neutering her but I've spoken to the vet, she'll get a full vet check, bloods done and a chest x-ray to try and ensure no cancer has spread from any uterine cancer which may be present.
It's a bit worrying as Olga ( one of the aberdeen rescue buns) was done a couple of weeks ago and the vet nicked her small intestine. It was a nerve wracking business and she still not poohing properly.

Hoping buns will be fine, Ive got a boy and a girl in today. Previous owner didn't know how old she is but the boy is 5 months.

Both are through their ops, Noodle did have a uterine tumour, although no sign of anything in her lungs. It doesn't mean it definitely hasn't spread but it's not far advanced. The vet didn't manage to get bloods, which I'm disappointed in as I wanted her kidneys tested but I guess I just have to make it very clear- of I want a blood test, the try other options, like Rodneyvets technique.

My 2 are home now. Sally had an enlarged uterus which was pprobably the start of can't remember what she said but it's all been taken away now, and the little boy is fine. Hope yours will recover well.

Back