• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recently spayed rabbit forgetting her manners

bethepoet

Mama Doe
She was spayed exactly two weeks ago, and she's back to her normal self except for the total lack of toilet manners. She's always been really laid back, but ever since we brought her home she digs up her fleece, upturns her litter box, she even peed in her food bowl last week and on the base of the crate today. Not like her at all. Am I right in thinking there's absolutely no point in trying to retrain her until her hormones are all gone and it's just a case of constant cleaning up until then?

Poppy did this after her spay, she was a messy nightmare. She stopped after a while though and she only wees in her litter tray and on puppy pads :) a few stray poops too. I didn't litter train her until she was 4, just before her spay, so I'm fine with as little mess as possible :lol:

Back