• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sounds that your bunnies freak out at.

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Just wondered if any other bunnies have the same fears as Boris. He hates the sound of the camera shutter in my phone- terrifies him witless. He also gets very scared at the sound of frying food. Have to.keep all doors shut when frying an egg!!!

Any other odd fears out there?

Just wondered if any other bunnies have the same fears as Boris. He hates the sound of the camera shutter in my phone- terrifies him witless. He also gets very scared at the sound of frying food. Have to.keep all doors shut when frying an egg!!!

Any other odd fears out there?

It's funny you should say that as when Bumble lived inside she was in the kitchen and when we fried anything she used to get every so scared by the noise! Bless her heart she used to run up to her bedroom bit and stay at the back until we'd finished frying! But that was the only thing!

Ruthie xxx

lawnmowers, planes, thunder, hoovers, saws, drills all fine! Sneeze near them? :roll::lol:

Mine aren't bothered by noisy planes, just gliders - we live close to a base. I guess they're more likely to be potential predators in bunny eyes, silent and in the sky.

Mine are totally fine with fireworks, thunder, planes, helicopters, lawnmowers and even drills.

But I have a long necklace on a chain that jingles when I move and Charlotte is petrified of it! :shock: That and keys :roll:

Mimi seems to suddenly freak out over absolutely nothing I can hear or see bless her. Scares the life out of me! :lol:

Me coming in the house on a Sunday afternoon.

I have no idea why, but they both freak when I get home on a Sunday. I'd think it was because I smell of dogs, but I smell of dogs two other days a week and they don't freak then.
They just don't like the front door opening on a Sunday :?

Frankie has freaked at the sound of me crunching crisps, and also typing fast on the laptop. Typing slower however is not scary :lol:

Barney - absolutely nothing! Outdoor bunnies, not much, just when I dont talk to them when I get in via the back gate and make them jump.

very little but they aren't keen on my 'loony tunes' phone message tone. think it startles them more than anything.

When they were babies last year they were all over me, playing and nosing then my stomach kinda growled. Loudly. They shot up the ladder in their hutch, stamping as they went :lol:

Now they're older and wiser (by a year :roll:) they're not really fazed by anything. The mower goes to within an inch (literally) of their run and they just eye it suspiciously and might shift on the spot like they're just getting comfy, but that's all.

Mind you, when they're free-ranging they get a bit wary when next door's dog's in the garden although that seems to be diminishing too. Not our garden, obviously :roll: However, he is so old he wouldn't care less anyway, even if he was in our garden!

Now they're going out at dusk, more or less, they seem to be a bit more alert i.e. stand up on their hind legs more often that usual, sniffing the air. If they do hear/see something like a blade of grass moving that shouldn't be :roll: they'll bomb around the garden in a blur! Ah well; it's good exercise :lol:

the only thing my bunnies seem to freak out at the sound of, is the noise of my chickens being freaked out. It's bizarre (although perfectly logical) how the two species take cues from one another

Appropriately enough they're scared of the sound of a knife being sharpened and tin foil...:lol:
They dont want to be cooked!

I think Fiver may be thumping when my sleep apnea kicks in....
Or it could be my snoring I suppose.... :?

Opening a ring pull can!! that freaks the :censored: out of tilla and grayson!! also the vacuum, thats about it i think

Back