• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideal Temperature For SNuffles Sufferers

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone tell me what the best temperature is for a rabbit who suffers from mild snuffles. I am trying to create and maintain a constant temperature for Donovan but am not sure what is too high or low :?

Any advice would be much appreciated thanks :)

I think it's more about keeping it constant rather than fluctuating. I tried to keep my bedroom on the cooler side and not too warm but not freezing cold either.

That's not very helpful is it :?

The room N&S are in has no radiator so the temperature barely moves through the wintertime. My room (M&M) has a radiator so I was going to get my dad to turn that off for this year to help Mischa but I'm still going to do that because Mini has been sneezing a little.

As Elena, but also, it is VERY dependant on the rabbit.

Ginger wouldnt be able to handle VERY cold, but if its really warm, she gets terribly stuffy.

The main thing we find is humidity and fresh air, it just has to be fresh, if it gets stale, she becoems VERY bunged up and lethargic.

it depends on the rabbit. i have a struggle because bisc is worse when too cold and matt when too warm so i try to keep it around 17. ideally bisc needs it warmer and matt cooler but this seems the best for both. i also leave it constant through the night aswell, in winter.

also, opening the windows each morning seems to help, i agree with the stale air making it worse. also, opening the windows when cleaning etc.

i also take them outside for a bit through the day and this helps matt alot. he lets me know when he wants to go out by scraping his paws down the door :lol: so they have a little hop for a bit. obviously not if it's raining etc.

Thank you for your replies :)

I'll explain what I want to do.

Donny lives in the garage which is getting very chilly now and I have noticed a link between temperature drops and his nose becoming blocked. I have installed draught excluders, heat reflective foil and sealed all the gaps I can find. However its still pretty cold. So I'd like to put an oil filled radiator in his run to introduce a constant warmth and try and engineer a constant temperature. I think a lowish temp would be best for him but just wondered if there is an optimum universal temp. I will also get a thermometer to help me maintain that regularity.

Do you all think that would be an ok thing to do or could I do him more harm than good. Right now the temp will be fluctuating by one or two degrees from day to day which I think is enough to affect him.

Back