• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you put someone on ignore?

Coineanach

Wise Old Thumper
I can't find it :oops:

Out of curiosity, if you put someone on ignore, can mods or buddies see who you've put on ignore? Can you ignore a mod? :shock:

Click on the person's profile and it gives you a list - put onto ignore being one of them.

You can still see when they've started a thread though and as you take the mouse down the page as it rolls over their thread you get to see the first few words of the post, and the thread title as well :? So it's only really partial ignore:(

I don't know about ignoring mods as I've never tried - I love them too much :p

Click on the person's profile and it gives you a list - put onto ignore being one of them.

You can still see when they've started a thread though and as you take the mouse down the page as it rolls over their thread you get to see the first few words of the post, I *think* the thread title as well :? So it's only really partial ignore:(

This. If someone quotes them you can see the quote and in a thread you can see that they posted just not what they said. I always ended up clicking to read what they put so didnt really work for me :lol:

Thanks guys, it's not someone really annoying or anything, just a bit too smug for my liking and their posts make me want to throttle something sometimes. I tend to ignore them but if I could block them from appearing it would probably help my blood pressure :lol: I don't find any of their threads interesting anyway so wouldn't have a problem ignoring started threads.

I was looking in the user CP which will be why I couldn't find it :oops:

I tried to ignore wibble and this is what I got:

Sorry wibble is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

Boooooo! I've found that you can ignore a buddy though :lol:

Why would you possibly want to? :shock:;):lol::lol:

I think the other questions have all been answered but we can't see who you've put on ignore either. :D

I wouldn't! Just asking out of curiosity...honest! :shock:;)

Thanks, I'm not really bothered if you can, to be honest, but nice to know you're not omnipresent beings in purple!

Yes you are stuck with me :lol:

Sorry, did someone say something? ;)

The message they give to say it's that person's post is massive! I just thought the post would disappear. Plus, I can see their post if someone else has quoted it. What a useless function. :lol:

Sorry, did someone say something? ;)

The message they give to say it's that person's post is massive! I just thought the post would disappear. Plus, I can see their post if someone else has quoted it. What a useless function. :lol:

:lol: Try adding 10/20 on it, Forum dies becomes very boring :lol:

Back