• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaky water bottles

sarattie

Alpha Buck
Has anyone had any luck finding water bottles which don't drip?
I was considering trying out a cage drinker designed for chickens which have a sippy tray rather than the ball/nipple type. Don't know how good they are but I'm not having much luck with others!!

I don't understand why people have problems with the 'classic' ones. I fill mine up all the way to the top and try to make sure there are no bubbles in the bottle, then I screw the cap on. I leave it on the draining board for a few hours whilst the water drips off the outside. They are dry on the outside when I put them into the hutch and a day later when I come to change them they haven't lost any water at all.

I never had problems with the classic style dripping, but I have these now which I believe are similar to what you're talking about for chickens, but the tray at the bottom is larger and more suited to rabbits. I love them :D

:) they were the exact bottles I was looking at!!
Thanks!
Do you know if smaller ones are available in either 500ml or 1l ?

None of my pets have ever been interested in bowls, it's the weirdest thing. They'll just step in it/throw hay/poo in it - never drink it.

Has anyone had any luck finding water bottles which don't drip?
I was considering trying out a cage drinker designed for chickens which have a sippy tray rather than the ball/nipple type. Don't know how good they are but I'm not having much luck with others!!

I use glass bottles,i havent had any drips,and theres even little yellow duck inside to show you the water level.

My classic bottles behave themselves except when the sun shines on then, sometimes they drip then. You have to make sure there isn't a vaccuum in them.

I use glass bottles,i havent had any drips,and theres even little yellow duck inside to show you the water level.

Oh I love those!! I have a collection of little ducks and carrots I add to other bottles!! My glass ones cracked in the winter but tempted to get some more with a sleeve

I've ordered a sippy type one mentioned previously to try for my indoor bun. Soggy vet bed or equivalent is not nice!!

I never had problems with the classic style dripping, but I have these now which I believe are similar to what you're talking about for chickens, but the tray at the bottom is larger and more suited to rabbits. I love them :D

My bottle came today and it's brilliant and fits well in the crate bars! I got a 350ml bottle and George loves it.
Being indoors I can refill regularly too so size is fine!

Wish I'd gone for one sooner! Can't see it working in the hutch as I'd have to cut quite a big hole in the mesh.

Really pleased!!

None of my pets have ever been interested in bowls, it's the weirdest thing. They'll just step in it/throw hay/poo in it - never drink it.

Hahaha that made me laugh. Big did a massive wee in his when we first got him! Now they have a great big ceramic drinking bowl in their room and drink so enthusiastically there's usually a sneezing fit from Little :lol:

Big occasionally uses it as a footspa now :roll:

Back