• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Budget vaccination clinic at Vets

Dave81

Mama Doe
Rang through today to book Fluffy and Jezebel for their vaccinations, the lady asked if I wanted to come to the budget clinic for these so obviously I said yes.

But that's now got me thinking if they can sell it cheaper at this clinic why don't they just do it at anytime of the day? The vaccination clinic is Monday to Friday 1400 to 1500.

Any how I'm not complaining seen as though it's going to be cheaper than full price

There seems to be more of these budget vaccination clinics popping up, some at vets like a 'happy hour' and others in pet stores etc. I think they can only be a good thing and may encourage more to vaccinate. I wish they would start popping up near where I live...5 dogs, 2 cats and Poppy to vaccinate annually I could do with a clinic:lol::lol:

Problem is most people who work full time can't go during those hours do not everyone can benefit from it.

Just seems odd that they can have the cheaper prices during certain times and not others.

Surely if it's to increase take-up then keep the low price all the time.

I'm finishing early next Monday to take them in

Problem is most people who work full time can't go during those hours do not everyone can benefit from it.

Yes I agree. I suppose it needs querying with each individual place. I'm with vets4pets and they do a vaccination month about twice a year, £15 per vacc. Its great for us if anyone needs their boosters during that month:D

Maybe that's their slowest hour and so they can get a higher utilisation of resources. Or perhaps they don't do a full health checkup?

It's the full service just cheaper between those times, as someone said it seems to be like happy hour :lol:

As I understand it the new vaccination costs roughly £11 per vaccination, so they can play around with the price a lot and still make a profit. It stands to reason they might do this at their quietest hour/time to bring people in. They can afford to do it then, and make money they probably normally would not make.

It's fine with me just thought it a bit odd that they would do things like that.

I like a bargain :lol:

I suppose it can only be good if it can encourage people who are unemployed to get their animals vacc'd without it taking up a huge amount of money

How much is the budget vaccine if you dont mind saying? I think I live quite local to you and one of my buns needs the new vaccine. A vet near me has it for £20.70 but if its any cheaper I might go there. :lol:

How much is the budget vaccine if you dont mind saying? I think I live quite local to you and one of my buns needs the new vaccine. A vet near me has it for £20.70 but if its any cheaper I might go there. :lol:

I think it's around that price as my vets are normally quite expensive, I didn't actually ask but seem to remember a poster with the price on last time I went

Back