• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's Raining!!!!! :(

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hi!

Its absolutely chucking it down here, in places the grass is water logged :(. I'm really unsure about putting Peter out in his run, however I'm also equally worried that he currently doesnt have a big hutch (Poppy Den - due to this I get him out in the run for at least 8 hours a day) and he spent all day yesterday stuck in his hutch, and today isnt looking too promising either :cry:

I don't know what to do! We have a tarpaulin that completely covers the run at night but the grass is wet underneath - annoyingly we moved the run on Sat to an area with lots of grass for Peter to eat, but on the downside the grass is long so it takes ages to dry :( I wish we had left it where it was.

He's 5 months old and as far as I am aware (I adopted him at 4 months) apart from the odd bit of drizzle, he hasn't been out on wet grass. In his run he has an upturned cardboard box (that he likes to sit on!), a pop up tunnel and I also tend to put his carrier ,with lots of straw and hay in it, in there.

Is there anything I can do??

is there any way you could bring him inside with the windows open to replicate the outdoor temperature? not sure what it is like where you are temp wise but here it's absolutely hammering it down but not much different temp wise to inside so I've brought my single bun in the kitchen for the day with the windows wide open!

Not stopped raining since 10am yesterday, and our garden is completely flooded so we have no way of putting mine outside so they come inside, they love it :D

I don't know how I'm going to do the rabbits later without hay getting wet and me and them getting soaked :roll: when I order this shed later and it comes it can't go up quick enough!

Is there anyway you can attach it to the hutch? What kind of run is it?

Is there any way you could put a platform in the run? Like, something he can stand on other than the grass? Then he could hop on and off the grass when he wanted :)

Well he is currently binkying round my dining room lol! Good job hubbys away tonight, gives me time to tidy up the hay!!!

Is there any way you could put a platform in the run? Like, something he can stand on other than the grass? Then he could hop on and off the grass when he wanted :)

I could do, could I put something on the grass for him to stand on? Old plastic backed picnic blanket??

i know how you feel! my garden is full of puddles and very boggy! charlie and honey live in a shed so they have plenty of room for now-charlie doesnt like getting his feet wet and usually stays out of the rain anyway. the 3 girls are in a 6ft hutch with no run at the moment as im trying to get bigger accomodation sorted. they still look tiny in it though lol anyway, my point is that im in the same position with them. im currently trying to work out where to put the run but its not going well!

I'm having the same problem :( one of my bunnies have been in his playhouse now for two days due to rain and the run being on grass/mud :( my other fella has his run on slabs so he has been in and out but not out into the separate run for grazing :( not sure what to do winter will be long can't be kept in forever lol I guess it's going to be a shopping trip to buy sheets to cover it

Well it looked like the rain was stopping and it was brightening up........Not Now!!!!! :evil::censored: Hopefully I'll have his new 6ft hutch by the weekend so he will have much more space to play :D

Woohoo! The rain has stopped and the sun is shining so peter is a happy bunny bounding around in his run! I've covered about 3 quarters of the bottom of his run with a waterproof picnic blanket and a towel on top . So he's got plenty of dry space to sit on and if he wants to eat soggy grass he has a small patch

Back