• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sealing lino in rabbit shed

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
hey everyone , well at the moment the lino I have down in the buns shed is not sealed and to be honest it was not cut great so there are some small gaps round the edges and now I really want to seal them is there any way I could safely and shut the bunnies in their run for the whole day while doing it?

I got clear sealant and put it around the edge, and then smoothed it with a finger :) I tried batons but it doesn't stop stuff getting down the edge

I got clear sealant and put it around the edge, and then smoothed it with a finger :) I tried batons but it doesn't stop stuff getting down the edge

Oh great how long does it take to dry would I be able to do it in a day and put the bunnies in their runs? Will it smell?

Well as a guide we put some on the guinea pig hutch last night and by this morning it was very nearly dry, but it was cold and damp yesterday whereas before when I did the bunnies house it was sunny and it dried in under 8 hours. It smells a bit when you put it on but not once its dried :)

We used some cheap skirting board so they couldnt dig up the edges as they are safely tucked underneath but it gives them something to chew on to.

Back