• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polka and Bandana are home!!!

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
Well almost home, a couple days in the small cage till they get all the way home. But they're doing great! Got a little over heated at first when I was picking them up but they have cooled down now. They're doing great! Can't wait to get them all the way home and get them settled!

PICT0404_zps3762dac5.jpg
PICT0405_zps904f4559.jpg

I know the pictures are a bit blurry, but they were too busy eating to take pictures.

And them with the woman I got them from, she's been great!
PICT04022_zpsf3a6274e.jpg

aww :love: have you decided which one you're going to breed from? you may have said it in a previous post but i cant remember! ones for breeding ones for showing if im right? they're gorgeous!

aww :love: have you decided which one you're going to breed from? you may have said it in a previous post but i cant remember! ones for breeding ones for showing if im right? they're gorgeous!

I haven't completely decided if I'm going to breed yet. They're both does, so I won't have to worry about that till they're older. And Polka would be the only one to show, and I want to show her. (She's the Broken Tri. Bandana is the Harlequin.)

I'll have to get a buck before I breed them, and I'm not sure if i want 3 rabbits just now. But it's a possibility. Right now I'm completely happy with them being pets!

I haven't completely decided if I'm going to breed yet. They're both does, so I won't have to worry about that till they're older. And Polka would be the only one to show, and I want to show her. (She's the Broken Tri. Bandana is the Harlequin.)

I'll have to get a buck before I breed them, and I'm not sure if i want 3 rabbits just now. But it's a possibility. Right now I'm completely happy with them being pets!

awh :) Yeah, it is a responsibility especially if you're just going to have one litter cus then you have to get the buck neutered as well as the girls (assuming you do spay/neuter? you may not, I'm not sure if its the 'done' thing in America?) its sweet how much you already seem to :love: them, awww :D

Bandana is the more adventurous one, she likes to run all over and explore while Polka likes to take her time and find out what all is going on. Though Polka seems to be attracted to paper a bit too much... She nibbles it whenever she finds a piece, keep having to take it away from her. I feel like I've known them their whole lives, I've been kept informed about them the whole time. Noelle was great with that. She posted pictures every week and told me how their personalities were developing. Bandana was the first of the two litters (they're half sisters) to explore outside when she opened the run to them.

awh :) Yeah, it is a responsibility especially if you're just going to have one litter cus then you have to get the buck neutered as well as the girls (assuming you do spay/neuter? you may not, I'm not sure if its the 'done' thing in America?) its sweet how much you already seem to :love: them, awww :D

We don't spay/neuter on our farm. We did with the goats when we had them, and the boar pigs when we can catch them, but other than those, no other animals are fixed. And if they are it's only the males. Females are too complicated and we can't do it ourselves. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get a buck really. She's breeding for a castor (which is what I want) now, so it'd be nearly 3 months before I get him, so I have time to think about it and see if I can afford or have the time for three. I think with these two I'm going to have my hands full! (But in a good way!)

Back