• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Castle question

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
Hi there,

Its Iggy Bunny's birthday on Tuesday (he will be 8 many) and we went on a mini spending spree in pets at home. He now had a new grass matt as the last one is a bit sorry for itself now, treats galore, wicker bits and a new snuggle bed cus he gets cold at night (you can tell im childless).

I did see a cardboard castle too. My question is how big is it? Construction wise im not bothered if it takes up some room. Iggy is a heinze 57 type bunny of no particular breed and I wondered if anyone had brought one and how big were the little doorways?

I suppose if they were cardboard, i could make the doors bigger but i worry about it supporting his weight. He is 2.75 kg and vet says that is ideal for his size (he was a bit plump when diagnosed with arthritis so has been on a healthy bunny diet - also his arthritis is also a consideration).

his friend Betty is a mini lion head so im not worried about her at all.

I am always looking for new ideas for toys for them. entertained bunnies arent always as bothered about eating things they shouldnt. In his youth iggy was a rather creative little climber!

So has anyone brought a castle and if so what was your experience of it?

We have a castle for Harley which we got from PaH so assuming it is the same thing, it is 30 inches high and 25 inches wide- basically a big square. It has 2 floors with holes between each floor. And windows on each floor.

Harley weighs just over 2kgs and is a 5 mth lionhead so is still quite liitle and she fits fine in yhe castle. Only thing is that she hasnt figured out how to come down through the holes on ech level and becomes the damsel in distress who needs rescuing. But she loves it though.

Boris our big boy weighs about 3.5 kgs I think and he wouldnt fit in it.

It is a good solid thing though and worth the buy i think.

Thank you, i worried that he would be too big and get stuck but I might have to buy one for them for christmas.

Iggy had a box for ages he sat in (his own chosing) and nibbled it until it fell to bits. Hope it brings the same amount of joy!

Those cost £15... for a glorified cardboard box! Lovely idea but waaay over priced in my opinion.

I got a permanent castle from Aliduncan and the buns love it, it's not cheap, but I think it looks lovely as an indoor piece and the buns don't chew it

Guscastle.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Those cost £15... for a glorified cardboard box! Lovely idea but waaay over priced in my opinion.

Cost of glorified cardboard box £15.

Watching my girl having a great time being princess in her castle - priceless.

Do agree though - is a bit pricey but it is very robust and is withstanding her demolition efforts very well.

I spent yesterday doing a stall in P@H next to those cardboard castles. Every child that came in loved it and was begging for one, and every adult said it was too expensive. A lot of the kids said "But it's only £15! Think of the adventures our pet could have!" :lol: Kind of cute to see how children's minds work! My advice was to make one! :D

Back