• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Culling rabbits

raine

Warren Veteran
I was doing some research on the culling of rabbits who had myxi (research because of the badgers cull), when I found this link

link removed by moderator

I thought was unshockable:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if he thinks that way about people too.......

I love my non show quality defective, annoying and rather demanding bunnies. Far better for their imperfections. Just like their mummy :)

It's not uncommon for breeders to cull unwanted babies rather try to rehome them, particularly if they are breeding high numbers to get a specific gene to reproduce or trying to get rid of one from their stock. It definitely doesn't happen as much as it used to though. It's not just with rabbits either, its with lots of different animals. The one that always upsets me is the male dairy (friesian) bullocks as they don't make very good meat apparently, and obv. no good for milking, they only need one male to every 50/100 females so they are usually culled at a very young age.

Wow my first amended post by a moderator - thats took some years in coming:lol::lol::lol: I thought USA site links were permitted sorry).

The purpose of the thread, wasnt to talk about culling by breeders (as we know that occurs), it was the fact that she was talking openly about rabbits that were unsuitable (peanuts and those with some dental) and giving them to a reptile zoo, but then saying she didnt think about it after doing so:roll::roll::roll:

No no no Raine, peanuts are killed at birth in an unspeakable manner, it is simply excess stock (alive, i got the impression) which doesn't meet your exacting breeding standards which get given to the reptile farm without knowing or wanting to know exactly how they meet their fate afterwards...after all, snakes need to eat too :(

Wow my first amended post by a moderator - thats took some years in coming:lol::lol::lol: I thought USA site links were permitted sorry).

The purpose of the thread, wasnt to talk about culling by breeders (as we know that occurs), it was the fact that she was talking openly about rabbits that were unsuitable (peanuts and those with some dental) and giving them to a reptile zoo, but then saying she didnt think about it after doing so:roll::roll::roll:

:lol::lol: congratulations. Whilst I don't agree with the site we don't allow links to sites just to criticize thats why I removed it

Back