• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gabriel Honeybunny and Spring

Vanessa.B

Mama Doe
After sadly losing Noo in May it has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride to find a new partner for Gabriel. I am pleased to announce that Gabriel is now happily settled with Spring who has come to us from the Society for Abandoned Animals in Manchester. I can't thank the staff and volunteers there enough for their help, understanding and for carrying out the bonding.

I did have a bit of a stressful time when Spring and Gabe came home as Spring went off the idea of grooming Gabe. He was desperate for her to do so and with her refusal he reverted to being a hump monster in an attempt to show her he was in charge. Although there was no aggression there was no togetherness either and I started to worry as my first attempt at bonding Gabe had failed because of this. Gabe lost interest in, and then patience with his first potential partner and became obviously miserable. In an attempt to help I started to use some of the Bach flower essences in their water (actually in the main brandy ;)) as I couldn't bear for this to fail too. It was so wonderful then when I came home one day from work to find this. Gabe is on the left.

IMGP0021_zps2e4c0b46.jpg

Maybe it was the brandy, or maybe they just needed time - either way I was overjoyed

And this is a face to Spring's bottom!

IMGP0023_zps603896fa.jpg

And with Gabe, sharing tea.

IMGP0011_zps5abb8e4d.jpg

Spring is soooooooooo pretty and again I am amazed how these creatures so quickly find a way into your heart. She has settled in beautifully and after being a very quiet bun at the rescue has really come out of herself. She has mastered the cat flap, the runaround tunnel and has been binkying around on the grass. I will draw a veil over the digging that she has done in the stuff masquerading as grass :oops: Gabe too seems to be enjoying life more which is so good to see and is a lot more enthusiastic over his food and is less grunty with me.

This is a bit of a blurred shot of them begging for treats

IMGP0016_zps325867ff.jpg

Aaw she's gorgeous!! And so is ur boy, they make a beautiful pair :love: Where did u get the wicker igloo thing from? Is it a cat bed?

Oh Vanessa, seeing those pictures has brought a tear to my eye- Spring looks so happy!! She didn't seem to know how to be a rabbit when she was at the SAA so to see how Gabe's brought her out of her shell is amazing! Thank you so much for the update- I'm so overjoyed for you all :love:

(I had a feeling she'd be a digger,too, as she always liked burying herself in her hay. Whoops!)

Back