• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can I have some vibes for Inky, he's not eating U/D: Much more positive :-)

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
He's nine and he stopped eating yesterday afternoon:(

He went to the emergency vets yesterday evening and this morning for pain relief and gut motility drugs. He has also had a sub-cut this morning. He is taking syringe food but he is very quite and not like himself at all. He has gone to the toilet and the vet can hear gut sounds, so I hope that is positive. His girlfriend, Smokey, is snuggling up to him to keep him warm but I know she is worried about him too.

I'm taking him back again at 4pm if he is still no better. I'm just so worried about him :cry:

Last edited:
still? :( keep strong :wave: when Sebastian stops eating I offer him critical care, mushed pellets, treats, baby food and porridge aswell as fresh foods :wave:

Having just gone through this less than 24hrs ago I really feel for you hun x Come on Inky, take note from V and start eating.

In my experience I have always found grass and dandelion is the first thing they want to eat when their not well.

Thanks for all the vibes, they do mean a lot. He's inside the house (with Smokey) but I'm worried that I haven't seen him poo since I brought him inside.

He nibbled a dandelion leaf an hour ago but has eaten nothing else since. When I get him to run up and down, he perks up a bit and then goes back to laying in the hutch. If he is still not eating at 4pm, I'm going to take him back to the vets.

FC xx

Aw such a worry :( Sending vibes that he's feeling better soon. Sounds like he needs more pain relief but you still need to find an underlying cause... I'd be tempted to panacur for 28 days as a precaution, but others may disagree.

One thought - is he moulting a lot? If so he may have ingested fur and my vet said that alone can make them very uncomfortable... :?

Thanks for all the vibes. We have been to the emergency vet again for more pain relief and gut motility.

He is eating very tiny amounts of food (hay and dandelion leaves) but only after I have made him run up and down the hall to get his guts moving. The vet I saw seemed quite hopeful but he has never been this ill for this long before so I'm very worried about him.

I will Panacur him as a precaution but I need to get him well again first.

Thanks for all the vibes. We have been to the emergency vet again for more pain relief and gut motility.

He is eating very tiny amounts of food (hay and dandelion leaves) but only after I have made him run up and down the hall to get his guts moving. The vet I saw seemed quite hopeful but he has never been this ill for this long before so I'm very worried about him.

I will Panacur him as a precaution but I need to get him well again first.

I would think it would help him straight away, especially if it's EC that's causing the problem.... I wouldn't wait if I were you - it's not like a GA where they have to be in good shape to have it. That's only my opinion though..... :?

ETA Sage recently stopped eating - we didn't know why - started him on lapizole (similar to panacur) and within a week he was back to normal. Had been going downhill steadily until the lapizole seemed to kick in, though, and the vet had thought we may have to pts... Now he's absolutely fine...

Last edited:
I would think it would help him straight away, especially if it's EC that's causing the problem.... I wouldn't wait if I were you - it's not like a GA where they have to be in good shape to have it. That's only my opinion though..... :?

ETA Sage recently stopped eating - we didn't know why - started him on lapizole (similar to panacur) and within a week he was back to normal. Had been going downhill steadily until the lapizole seemed to kick in, though, and the vet had thought we may have to pts... Now he's absolutely fine...

I'm thinking about it. I'm just worried that if I give him another load of different drugs, it'll make him worse. I've never given a rabbit Panacur before (although I do have some in the house) because I'm not a big fan of over-medicating pets if I can help it. However, I will certainly consider it if he doesn't improve very soon.

I'm thinking about it. I'm just worried that if I give him another load of different drugs, it'll make him worse. I've never given a rabbit Panacur before (although I do have some in the house) because I'm not a big fan of over-medicating pets if I can help it. However, I will certainly consider it if he doesn't improve very soon.

It's a difficult decision to make, and not everyone would agree, but I tend to see panacur as one of the drugs that supports the rabbit's own system rather than putting it under pressure. Apart from anything else, most rabbits have pinworms, and if they're off-colour this can cause the pinworm population to surge - panacur would get rid of that. A lot of times my vet has said of panacur "Well it won't do any harm and it may do some good", whereas she doesn't talk about antibiotics like that. In the end you and your vets need to make the call. :?

Sending vibes that Inky starts feeling better soon... :wave:

Back