• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The dumped piggies- UD pic's of babies.

rngpwelfare

Mama Doe
Two weeks ago on the 9th September my son found a surprise on the drive as he went out do his paper round.

In a number of cardboard boxes where over 20 guinea pigs, a sack of carrots and a large sack of pets @ home rabbit pellets :roll:

There where 14 sows, 13 suspected of being pregnant, 4 boars and 3, day old babies.

Please meet

DSC02213.jpg

DSC02212.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

Juniper and her babies

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02217.jpg

Camellia due any time
DSC02220.jpg

Acorn and Maple in foster with Amy and Amber
DSC02222.jpg

Empress mid term
DSC02224.jpg

Beech very much due she's huge
DSC02225.jpg

Crabapple prob staying with me
DSC02226.jpg

Little boar went to Jill's
DSC02228.jpg

Boar not named yet
DSC02229.jpg

Boar- Oak
DSC02230.jpg

Birch full term
DSC02231.jpg

Eucalyptus Full term
DSC02234.jpg

Boar went to Jill's
DSC02235.jpg

Cedar in foster
DSC02236.jpg

Alder in foster
DSC02233.jpg

Chestnut waiting game

We have been lucky in that the papers have picked up the story and ran it and the local Tesco's have also put a trolley out to help us.
Anything that we get donated will be helpful as just to deal witht he ones in care and get them neutered ready for their new homes is going to cost £1000.
I'd like to thank the people on other forums that are doing fundraisers and also those that have followed the story on facebook and donated to our paypal account. Justine (orange) won our sweepstake at the Family Fun day and donated her winnings these are going towards these guys I hope that's ok Justine.

Last edited:
well done on taking them in the poor little things, they are lovely, the boar with no name looks like a mojo :love:

Beautiful piggies.:love::love:

Thank goodness that they are in your safe hands.:thumb:

Best of luck in finding them wonderful new homes.:D:thumb:

That is so sad! I can't believe someone could just box up animals like that and dump them! :(

So glad they are in the right hands now, and will go to loving forever homes. They are beautiful piggies! :love:

the two boars who came to us are doing well. both being fostered by Ange. the adult one who we have named Stromboli was neutered last Thursday and came through fine so is now waiting for a home with a sow or sows
the younger one now named Madagascar will be neutered when he has grown a bit :)

You will be overflowing with piggies soon Tracy..hope all the births go smoothly

oh I missed this when it was first posted. How appalling. Good job you were able to get them all sorted although I guess you didn't have much choice!

Has the unnamed one got a name yet? What about Ash?

:shock::shock::shock:

Rabbit food...:roll:

Oh I am soooo glad that I don't own a house yet or I would be over there knocking on your door with my own little collection of cardboard boxes (well carriers but lets not spoil the image) to try and collect a little herd :love: I have it all planned out, and it will happen one day... It WILL:lol:

But seriously, how can people do that? What if it had rained or a gust of wind had knocked a box??? At least now the little guys have bright futures ahead of them :love:

Please see that there is a fundraiser in the fundraising section to help Tracy out, she is face with huge vet bills for these piggies and needs any help that we can get for her

Thought you'd like to see some of the babies that have been born to these sows.:D

DSC02248-1.jpg

Eucalyptus the first to give birth with her 4 little ones, I got to watch this one :)

DSC02254.jpg

Maple and her 3 little ones

DSC02264-1.jpg

Camellia and her 3 babies

DSC02263-1.jpg

Beech's 2, sadly Beech died a few days after giving birth so her babies are now being fostered by Birch and Ecalyptus

Photo0525.jpg

Birch's 5 as they where being born again I watched these :)

Photo0546-1.jpg

Elm and her 5 sweethearts.

All the girls that were pregnant (9) have now given birth with a total of 29 live babies.
We have sadly lost a few babies along the way. But the ones that have made it are doing well.

Juniper the sow that came in with her 3 day old babies has now been found to be pregnant again as the person who had them hadn't taken the boar away from her so although we've finished for a while there will be another birth in about 3 weeks. :?

Last edited:
I cant believe someone dumped them like that:evil: They're beautiful:love::love: I have a soft spot for Guineas and miss having some in our home:love::love:

Back