• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have any experience of using a pet sitter?

Cloud

Warren Scout
I just wondered- I usually manage to get a friend to come in and once one of my buns had perfect timing- got ill just before I left for France. Friend didn't mind but boarding wouldn't have accepted her and so my trip might have been cancelled. I'm concerned about trusting a stranger and of being let down.

There are agencies - you have to be careful though as they are not all the same, some are not very good at all but others are ok but it really depends upon the sitter.

If you can give a rough location we may be able to recommend someone we know for you to consider

North East Lincs.
My main worry is that boarding or pet sitting won't honour their obligation once I have paid the deposit. I have been let down before (not by any of those): taxi to train station didn't turn up and the no. of times I've pre booked a youth hostel only to be informed when I got there that they have no knowledge of my booking or that they have double booked! I can just imagine receiving a letter from a boarding place a month before I am due to go away informing me that they are closing and I'll never find somewhere for the buns at short notice.

North East Lincs.
My main worry is that boarding or pet sitting won't honour their obligation once I have paid the deposit. I have been let down before (not by any of those): taxi to train station didn't turn up and the no. of times I've pre booked a youth hostel only to be informed when I got there that they have no knowledge of my booking or that they have double booked! I can just imagine receiving a letter from a boarding place a month before I am due to go away informing me that they are closing and I'll never find somewhere for the buns at short notice.

Perhaps amend your title to ask if anyone can recommend any pet sitters/boarding facilities in and around your area?

I'm sure someone with a recommendation will be along soon.

Best of luck.:thumb:

when and how long is it for? are you going abroad? if not and travelling by car you could always find a boarding place near to where you are travelling to.

Back