• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those of you with house buns - hay on carpet

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
How do you get the hay off the carpet? Our buns tend to like dragging it into the living room :shock: obviously hoovering isn't a good choice since it blocks it up. Is a broom the best method or is there anything better?

Lino :p

I just use the hoover. Always use the Henry hoover for hay as it's easier to unblock.

We pick up the biggest bits of hay with our hands and hoover the rest, making sure to empty it out regularly.

Their litter trays are in the kitchen (laminate flooring) so it helps keep some of the hay of the carpet, but that will probably change when they have permanent access to the living room!

We pick up the biggest bits of hay with our hands and hoover the rest, making sure to empty it out regularly.

Their litter trays are in the kitchen (laminate flooring) so it helps keep some of the hay of the carpet, but that will probably change when they have permanent access to the living room!

Thanks :) Yeah, theirs are in the kitchen as well but they seem to drag it in somehow!

I bought a Dyson animal but big bits of hay just don't want to go up it. Perhaps we should challenge Mr Dyson to invent a vacuum for hay?

Dyson handheld..............works on carpet, wood( had that in the porch for Mr W) .
:thumb:
Its great for tidying up the bun run and those " odd little jobs" that they buns do here and there outside of the litter tray. A quick blast of that and tidy agaon !!( outside for Mr S):thumb:

Mmm yeah, I also have this problem. Solution... give up caring!
It's bloody annoying. I have one very clean bun, one moderate and one very messy!
I get the big bits up with a dustpan and brush, then wet my hands and the hay sticks to it to get more up, then hoover up the tiny stuff up last.

I pick most of it up with my hands to pop back in the forage box/cage :lol: and then I just hoover up the rest!

i just pick up the big bits and hoover the rest too :lol: you just empty the hoover a bit more. the things we do for the ones we love :lol::love:

Henry Hoover is great and we also use brown packing tape to pick up all the bunny fluff and bits of straw that Mr Henry doesn't get. Works a treat.

We have a house bun and i can relate to what you are saying. We bought a cheap cylinder hoover just to hoover up the stray hay. Saves mums Dyson from the scrap yard in the sky! :)

Dyson animal...then dustpan & brush & then, last resort, wear a pair of washing up gloves & drag hands across the carpet

I have 2 messy housebuns! I start with a brush and dustpan, the brush has stiff coarse bristles, followed by a hand vac as powerful as you can get with a large opening! Then I use my Hetty (female Henry!). Finally, once a week I use my vax as Daisy has a botty problem!

I would say, despite my best efforts, the place only ever looks tidy for about half an hour in any one week, just after I've hoovered and vaxed :lol: You cannot be house proud and own indoor bunnies!!

I have laminate but Jenson doesn't like it so I have mats everywhere. I use dustpan and brush mostly, some of the mats are small so can shake and brush, the big one gets brushed and vac'ed. I also have a handheld black and decker cyclone which is great and really easy to empty. Every so often Dyson. I blocked the Dyson good and proper with hay once and had to YouTube how to take it apart, was easy really.

Hay really does get everywhere tho. I often find it in my shoes when I get to work!

Back