• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is This an Odd Way to Have Spent an Hour ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Carefully trimming all the sharp thorns from bramble stalks for my Rabbits (already removed leaves which are being dried) ?

My neighbour gave me a very strange look when she asked what I was doing and I told her !! :lol:

I only pick the leaves, but I have to wear gloves cos they hurt my handsies, people thought I was very strange ferreting about in the park hedgerow in the middle of 'summer' with a pair of winter gloves on!! :lol:

Carefully trimming all the sharp thorns from bramble stalks for my Rabbits (already removed leaves which are being dried) ?

My neighbour gave me a very strange look when she asked what I was doing and I told her !! :lol:

Not when you have as many bunnies as you do. What else would a hoomin slave be doing? Oh...making rubbing bunnies.:lol:

I never bother, they just chow all the way through everything anyway :)

And yes, you're obviously nuts... but in a good way :)

You are soft Jane! :lol:

I tried growing a thornless variety but it died. However; some wild brambles started growing in its place so I've let them stay lol! And the buns happily eat them - thorns and all. :p

They get hawthorn with all the thorns in-tact too and make short work of that lol. I'm obviously just a mean mummeh!

Back