• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really wish I didn't go to pets at home for bunny food, fell in love :(

tasteofchaos

Mama Doe
I feed my boys the excel for 'sensitive' tums, not coz they have sensitive tummies but because its high in fibre. The only place anywhere around here that sells it is pets at home. I've asked other local stores if they can order it in, but for some reason they can't. I could order online but hardly anybody is in during the day so it would go to the local depot, you have to pay to park there, it would cost me a fortune.
Walking to get the bun food, I had to walk past the 'adoption' section. There was a black bun in there in a tiny 3 foot ish pen. He reminded me of my bridge bun so much in terms of personality, as soon as he could see me he ran up to the front and started licking the glass, then when I was talking to him he flopped like a dead bunny right at the side of the pen, looking really happy. I started sobbing like a crazy person when I had to leave him, I so wish I could bring him home. If I knew he would bond with Russell (I have 3 boys from a resuce, she bonded them into a trio but after a few months here they started fighting and I'm not holding out hope of getting them back together, so I have a pair and a single atm) I would get him in a heart beat. But theres obviously no guarantee of that, and hate buying animals from p@h anyway. So my head says you can't get him, but my heart is crying right now :(
The only thing keeping me sane is I have a plan in my head, that if it's meant to be it will be. I'm making a final ditch attempt to get the boys together next week, if that fails they will get there seperate areas finalised. This would take a couple of weeks, if he is still there then I will give it another think. But he almost certainly won't be there by then. I just hope he gets a 5* home.
:cry:

I feel for you. I can't bear to go into Pets at Home, but luckily I don't have need to purchase anything there. This won't solve your current dilemma, but could you ask someone to go an buy the food for you (and not come back and tell you all about the cute bunnies they saw!)?

I feel for you. I can't bear to go into Pets at Home, but luckily I don't have need to purchase anything there. This won't solve your current dilemma, but could you ask someone to go an buy the food for you (and not come back and tell you all about the cute bunnies they saw!)?

Whenever possible I send my mum up to get it. They only do the food in tiny 2kg bags, so although we buy several at a time it doesn't last too long. But mums so busy atm that she just doesn't have the time to run my errands for me right now. I've never had this problem before, seen lots of bunnies but just felt instant attatchement to this little guy. Having Russell out earlier (single small NZ) and seeing him run around my kitchen and living room just made the problem worse, I just thought a) Russell would love him and b) the thought of a fairly big bun being stuck in a 3 foot pen for x ammount of time just broke my heart all over again. :(

Back