• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing Help!!!

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
So the buns are looking really depressed in the house now - they are making loads of mess and seem much happier when they are out in the garden. So we have made the descion to move them outside.

The garden doesnt have anywhere big enough to fit a 6X4 shed in without blocking of either a section of the garden or the back gate.

We have a good area that is under the window that is 4ft high and 8ft long and could be about 4ft deep

Does anyone have any ideas about what we could do there.

The buns like to have lots of space etc!

For that space the best option would be an 8ft x 4ft run with a hutch sitting on top of the run. That would give them space to run around underneath. By the time you've got it sorted it will be too late for them to go outside this year though.

For that space the best option would be an 8ft x 4ft run with a hutch sitting on top of the run. That would give them space to run around underneath. By the time you've got it sorted it will be too late for them to go outside this year though.

Do you know where I could one of these??

Or what about 2 x 4x4 playhouses with connecting tunnel. They are about 4' high. Can get from B & Q. Or a chicken coop type thing ?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=320980339340&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=49898439608

This seller on eBay will make to ur spec, they do runs aswell, really good value, I got my 8x6ft run with 6x3 hutch delivered and installed for £320, I paid extra £20 to get the run 2.5ft high rather than 2ft. U could go taller if u wanted, also would cost u less as run would be smaller :thumb: I'm in Manchester too so delivery would be same I should think, £50 I paid, well worth it :wave:

Is it like a courtyard area? What about closing it off with aviary panels and then putting in a hutch that's raised up and a ramp into it.

I wouldn't think that would be stable, it's too high. double tier hutches aren't very good anyway. I would stick to a large single tier hutch on top.

Back