• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding Wakefield or near?

bumblicious

Warren Veteran
Hello

We may have to put our bunnies in boarding for 1 or 2 nights in December. A while away yet but I know some of you are in or near Wakefield and wondered if you knew any bunny boarding places? I've never put them to boarding before.

Ruthie xxx

About 40 minutes to get there. I'd hoped to find one nearer :? I'll keep it in mind though. Does anyone else know?

Ruthie xxx

Sonya at Bunny Camp doesn't do much boarding these days. I might see her next weekend (if I get to the hopper group meeting) so I can ask her if you'd like or you could give her a call. She's nice and is very bunny savvy.

Yes if you could ask her if she still does it that would be great. Although really I didn't want to travel that much to board them so ideally I'm looking for one closer. Bumble and Bee don't like travelling and we've got to transport them to their boarding and then another journey transporting our dog to her different boarding before going on a really long journey ourselves

Ruthie xxx

Holiday Hutches in Barnsley? They have always been great with my bunnies. If you search on google you will find their website.

Sonya at Bunny Camp doesn't do much boarding these days. I might see her next weekend (if I get to the hopper group meeting) so I can ask her if you'd like or you could give her a call. She's nice and is very bunny savvy.

I think there is actually a boarding place called 'Bunny Camp' in Leeds, rather than the sanctuary that Sonya runs. The person who runs it is a forum member but I can't remember their name

This is the most reachable one out of the ones mentioned so far (depending where it is in Barnsley as I couldn't see an exact address on website) although I was hoping someone would say they'd had their bunnies somewhere even more local. I will keep this in mind thank you

Ruthie xxx

Yes that's the one I looked up. It would take us 40 minutes to get there :? But thank you :D I have earmarked this thread anyway

Ruthie xxx

I think there is actually a boarding place called 'Bunny Camp' in Leeds, rather than the sanctuary that Sonya runs. The person who runs it is a forum member but I can't remember their name

Thanks for that, had no idea there was another one and that is nearer to us than Sonya.

We are in Barnsley and have boarded for quite a few of the people on here and also foster on occasion for BARC (Bunnymadhouse) and look after her buns.
We also donate 10% of boarding fees to BARC from anyone who comes from here or via them.
If you would like any further information feel free to pm me or call the number on our website.

Thank you mrs bunnykins. Will the bunnies be alright if I board them? I mean the change in place won't upset their bond or anything? I'm worried. Wondering whether someone coming here might be better for them?

Ruthie xxx

Thank you mrs bunnykins. Will the bunnies be alright if I board them? I mean the change in place won't upset their bond or anything? I'm worried. Wondering whether someone coming here might be better for them?

Ruthie xxx

I've been boarding bunnies for 10 years now and can honestly say that a bond has never been broken whilst they stayed with me. Phew!!!

Wherever they go though, check out the boarding facility beforehand. Ask as many questions as you want and also check if they are able to and where they would house bunnies who suffer with referred aggression.

All bunnies are so individual, but the boarding establishment should be savvy enough to spot any behavioural problems asap and act according.

Taking some of their own toys etc can help settle buns in a little easier.

Pet sitters are good, but ideally should be able to go and care for the buns at least twice a day.

Back