• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What made you choose your bunny's name?

Bun is called Bun lol very unimaginative.....

In the past Ive had Hitley (looked like Hitler) so Hitley was meant to be the cute version according to me sister who was 11 at the time lol

Brian was named after my favourite Brians when I was a teenager namely Brian Molko lol

George's name actually started off as a joke, it was St George's day when i went to choose a rabbit from P@H (he was the only one left) and my mum asked me what i was going to call him and i jokingly went well its St Georges day so maybe i should name him George and after a couple of days of calling him it i decided it suited him :thumb:

Boris was originally Doris :oops: Not sure why I picked that name to begin with :lol:

Bella....I just knew straight away that she was a Bella. It was literally the first name that popped into my head when I saw her. Once I started calling her it there was no turning back :)

I always wanted pets called Islay and Jura, so when I adopted the girls as a pair, that was the choice! Then I got another 2 and decided to stick with the island theme. So I have Arran and Harris now too.

having been 'mummy' to hug and snug bunnies, and fluffy the hamster, and endured hearing those names called out with my surname at the vets, i decided the bunkins would have 'real' names. matthew and tabitha are sensible, old-fashioned names like my surname. only, the vet we go to now only calls out the surname and no-one can enjoy matthew and tabby's nice names. but i enjoy them.
i didn't choose charles and cecile's names, they already had them, but i think they are excellent names and suit them very well.

Mylo because we bloody love Coldplay! :love:
We wanted her partner to be called Xyloto but when we got Barnaby he was already named and we didn't have the heart to change it! :lol:

Smokey- because of his colour

Tizzy- dont really know it just popped into my head

Chalky- a friend named him because of his colour

:D

Bear - Because my OH banned fluffy cute names so he's actually named after Bear Grylls, apparently it makes his love for his cute fluffy bunny more many! His full name is Little Bear thou so makes it a bit cutesy :lol:

Alice - Because she reminds me soooooo much of the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland!

Flopsy and Loppy were both named by my daughter because they have lop ears

Marmalade because of her lovely colouring

Tiny was already named and we kept it cos it suits him :D

Pippin after the dog in the children's programme Come Outside :) I absolutely adored it when I was younger (still do..)

Mischa was kinda named after a racing driver :oops:

Mini wasn't named by me, she was the runt of the litter so instead of being called runt she was called Mini which kinda stuck.

Nutmeg was originally named Arwen by her previous owners but I felt weird calling her that so she became Nutmeg due to her colouring.

And Smudge has a smudge down his back.

Cookie - We liked the name Luna as her colouring looked a bit like the surface of the moon, but it just didn't seem to fit! As she got older it looks even more like the moon so it would have matched her really. I'd looked round for inspiration when we got them, and my sister had a cookie recipe book on her bookshelf. The word seemed to pop out at me and the kids liked it too :D

Frankie - I had an encounter with the comedian Frankie Boyle :shock: and decided my next pet would be Frankie, either boy or girl as there is a girl Frankie in The Saturdays and it seems nice for a girl or boy. She's actually turned out such a tomboy so it fits perfectly! her favourite thing is to chase a football, she's got skills aswell! If my house wasn't such a tip I would post a video :lol:

Lola - she was just a big ball of fluff when we got her, like a powder puff or pom pom, and I wanted something flouncy and girly for her. Her hair used to shimmy in the breeze as she ran :lol:

It kind of rolls off the tongue saying together as Cookie, Frankie & Lola aswell.

Carlton Jamal...well...he's black! He's named after Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Jamal to make him sound more 'street' and 'gangster'!

Lafawnda...POOR THING!!....named after Kip's ghetto girlfriend in the film Napoleon Dynamite. It had to be something just as awful to compliment Carlton Jamal! :lol::lol::lol:

Bumble well just because I thought the name was cool. And Bee because I always said if I got another bunny for Bumble I'd call him Bee to go with her

Ruthie xxx

Back