• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VetsVetsVetsVetsVets!

sun_city_girl

Warren Veteran
Im not sure if this is the right section. I just need a moan and advice.

So Ive not had much luck with vets since Ive had my Buns.

Ive used two different vets so far and not been impressed with either vets.

the first vets I went to wrongly sexed them and then gave some bad advice when Hitley hurt his leg; well actually they gave no advice lol they didnt know what to do.

then I changed vets to one about 40mins away in another town and where Hitley was castrated it cost about £60 and that episode was fine but when he was ill I took him there again and the vet he saw was horrible and all the advice they gave was wrong, the next day I took him back to the first vets as an emergency and that particular vet was excellent.

Today I walked over to that vets and asked about castrating Bun and getting the combined vaccination; they obv dont get asked much because they had to look it up in a book; the combined vaccine is £35 but castration is £103!!which seemed a bit steep to me.
I also dont like that vets because there are no special sections whilst waiting and they employed Trude Mostue who was the crappy one from that vet programme ages ago lol

anyway there is another vets nearby that my mum uses for the cats. should I keep trying different vets or is it best to stay with one vet practice????

I wish there was an actual good vet round here, I went on cottontails website as they are nearby to see what vets they use but they use pdsa who Im not eligible for!

Its so frustrating, I feel like I dont really know what a good vet is and yet Im not satisfied with the vets Ive seen so far......

Sorry you can't find someone. Have you posted a thread for recommendations? I'm intrigued about "special waiting sections" I have no idea what you mean. We just get plastic chairs!! ;)

Sorry you can't find someone. Have you posted a thread for recommendations? I'm intrigued about "special waiting sections" I have no idea what you mean. We just get plastic chairs!! ;)

haha no I just meant that they dont seperate the waiting area for dogs, cats etc and people are stupid and come and sit next to me with their dogs sniffing around and stuff. I have posted threads for recommendations before but no one seems to live around here!!!

I totally sympathise. The RWAF have a list of recommended vets, it might be worth contacting them. It's how I found my new vet.

Im not sure if this is the right section. I just need a moan and advice.

So Ive not had much luck with vets since Ive had my Buns.

Ive used two different vets so far and not been impressed with either vets.

the first vets I went to wrongly sexed them and then gave some bad advice when Hitley hurt his leg; well actually they gave no advice lol they didnt know what to do.

then I changed vets to one about 40mins away in another town and where Hitley was castrated it cost about £60 and that episode was fine but when he was ill I took him there again and the vet he saw was horrible and all the advice they gave was wrong, the next day I took him back to the first vets as an emergency and that particular vet was excellent.

Today I walked over to that vets and asked about castrating Bun and getting the combined vaccination; they obv dont get asked much because they had to look it up in a book; the combined vaccine is £35 but castration is £103!!which seemed a bit steep to me.
I also dont like that vets because there are no special sections whilst waiting and they employed Trude Mostue who was the crappy one from that vet programme ages ago lol

anyway there is another vets nearby that my mum uses for the cats. should I keep trying different vets or is it best to stay with one vet practice????

I wish there was an actual good vet round here, I went on cottontails website as they are nearby to see what vets they use but they use pdsa who Im not eligible for!

Its so frustrating, I feel like I dont really know what a good vet is and yet Im not satisfied with the vets Ive seen so far......

I thought she had earned herself a good reputation as a vet

Back