• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There's myxi in the Castleford area (West Yorkshire).

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Just thought I'd let others know, especially those who's houses have been flooded and they're likely to have mosquitos round :(

Thanks for the heads up. Is bad in York too according to our vet. Next door have a skip on their drive full of mosquito larvae but I daren't put anything in it as I've seen their cat drink from it.

Seems to be here in Essex too. Three of my (vaccinated) buns have it and I've seen lots of sick wildies around. :cry:

Thanks for the heads up. Is bad in York too according to our vet. Next door have a skip on their drive full of mosquito larvae but I daren't put anything in it as I've seen their cat drink from it.

The vet I saw yesterday said he'd seen three cases this week, none were vaccinated :cry:

Nigel said they'd seen several when we were in a couple of weeks back. It's rife this year. At least the weather's getting colder and the mozzies don't like that. I spoke to next door (the owners son) about the skip today and have offered to pay half to get it taken away (long story but a chap working on their house had it put there 3 years ago and then did a runner and they don't know whos skip it is so no-one will take it unless they pay). We're leaving the fly net on permanently at the moment.

Back