• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack and Daisy's lovely new home!

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
SouthLanarkshire-20120921-00089_zps1f1363bd.jpg

SouthLanarkshire-20120921-00087_zpseb6dc5d6.jpg

The dining room.

SouthLanarkshire-20120921-00088_zps4ca3ffa7.jpg

The loo! (excuse the mess, Daisy used her litter tray as a digging box)

SouthLanarkshire-20120921-00086_zps2ade3890.jpg

The living room

SouthLanarkshire-20120921-00084_zps72ce469c.jpg

SouthLanarkshire-20120921-00083_zps25a64fbb.jpg

The bedroom

SouthLanarkshire-20120921-00085_zpsf9ce993c.jpg

The whole hutch.

I think they like it! Just letting them settle in now and trying to work out how to keep them warm during winter. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Aw lucky buns :love: you could put perspex over a few of the doors, not all cus there won't be any circulation, just to stop the bitter wind getting in? That's what I've done on one of mine, as well as LOTS of straw! I stuff one of the hutches bedrooms full to the ceiling and let them burrow through. Snuggle safes might be an idea as well :wave:

Aw lucky buns :love: you could put perspex over a few of the doors, not all cus there won't be any circulation, just to stop the bitter wind getting in? That's what I've done on one of mine, as well as LOTS of straw! I stuff one of the hutches bedrooms full to the ceiling and let them burrow through. Snuggle safes might be an idea as well :wave:

I was thinking of getting a hutch cover made. It's a guy on ebay who custom makes them so i need to email to get a quote. Depends on cost though. Will look into perspex too. I have 2 snugglesafes ( accidentally put one in the bin this morning so bin raiding later yippee! ). I thought about straw in the bedroom but daisy will use it as a toilet. If i can find a litter tray to fit the bedroom i'll do this.

I was thinking of getting a hutch cover made. It's a guy on ebay who custom makes them so i need to email to get a quote. Depends on cost though. Will look into perspex too. I have 2 snugglesafes ( accidentally put one in the bin this morning so bin raiding later yippee! ). I thought about straw in the bedroom but daisy will use it as a toilet. If i can find a litter tray to fit the bedroom i'll do this.

I had a cover made from someone on ebay. It's great, although Lord Spenser now lives indoors.:roll: If you decide to order one I would do so sooner than later, as custom-made does mean waiting a bit longer. Spenser's ended up held up due to adverse weather conditions and arrived after the worst of the winter was by (2010/11).

The hutch looks great, what size is it?

Ooo that looks nice and cosy! Lucky bunnies!

I would put some perspex on the front as well, or some sort of shutters, and getting a cover made is a good idea as well.

I would also put some padlocks on the front as foxes (and stray humans :roll:) can easily open the swivel locks.

I've spent the morning putting padlocks on. Its 6x3x4 i think. On dry days they will have access to the whole garden. Wet days they can go intheir covered run.

I had a cover made from someone on ebay. It's great, although Lord Spenser now lives indoors.:roll: If you decide to order one I would do so sooner than later, as custom-made does mean waiting a bit longer. Spenser's ended up held up due to adverse weather conditions and arrived after the worst of the winter was by (2010/11).

The hutch looks great, what size is it?

Was it expensive for the cover?

Was it expensive for the cover?

Quite expensive, yes, about £100 if I remember rightly. The front divides into two half, so you can have half the cover open during the day in the winter if you want, and also you can hedge your bets if going out and not sure if it will rain or not. The fronts roll up and fix with velcro in place with vecro.

its lovely, also might be best to treat it with some bunny friendly paint to help the wood last and not rot :wave:

Back