• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maple being aggressive towards my mum please help!

carolineclair

Warren Scout
Hi all!

So I'm off on holiday tomorrow for a week so Maple is staying at my mums. Shes been there since sunday as i dont have the time to drop her tomorrow after work. We go there every few weeks and it's kind of a second home for her anyway but recently when she's there she's become funny with my mum. She is fine and totally affectionate and normal with my dad and brother but while my mum was cuddling up to her a few days ago Maple suddenly growled, barked and boxed my mum cutting her eye ( my mum is now on anti biotics) then yesterday maple wouldn't let my mum out the kitchen and was lunging at her growling which obviously really upset my mum.

I don't know why this sudden turn or what to suggest to my mum to help recover the situation it's upsetting for us all.

Can anyone suggest a way to help this?! My mum is the person who takes maple to the vets for her vaccs, claw clipping etc so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?!?

Please help I don't want my mum getting hurt or maple being obviously so upset

Thank you

How old is Maple, and is she neutered?

Does your mum have any buns? Maple could be smelling them.

She's nearly two and no my mum has no pets at all. The whole kitchen and utility room is only used by maple. She was neutered as a baby and has never shown aggression to anyone else ever

Maple is a rabbit? Could it be that your mom smells different? Since Maple has started growling at your mom has your mom been in contact with any other animals? Just throwing some stuff out there to help figure out the reason for the change in behavior.
Another thing.....is you mom her main caregiver while she is there? I had a rabbit who was really good at my parent's house while we took him to visit but he acted up terribly when we left him there until we picked him up. He did the same at my sister's. He hated being left.

Back