• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lovely story

chunky chick

Young Bun
Hi

This is my first post and its a nice story i wanted to share.

My husband is a car mechanic and a couple of weeks ago his friend called to say the power steering had gone on the car, my hubby said bring the car and i will have a look, he brought it round and my hubby lifted the bonnet and said he knew what was wrong a rabbit had eaten the wires he mate said how do you know and my hubby pointed in the engine and said because its still there. We estimate the car had travelled about thirty miles with the rabbit in the engine.
I am delighted to say that the rabbit is well and now lives in a new hutch in my house and to be honest is getting spoilt.
I have never had a rabbit before and am reading the internet and lots of books to do my best for the rabbit.
We have of course called it lucky and i am sure i will be back asking for help and advise in the future.

Thanks for reading and wish me luck.

It seems to be a pet. It like nudges and cuddles up to my hubby and the lady at the pet shop said it would have burrowed to warmth and safety rather than getting in a car engine. But like i say very inexperienced and not at all sure.

That is lovely, and Lucky is lucky! What colour is he? I have a cat called Lucky, and he was a lucky find too :lol:

Wow that is amazing. I have heard of cats doing that when it is really cold and the engine is still warm but if someone starts the car and they can't get out or away from the car fast enough they are usually killed. Lucky sure is one very lucky rabbit. I too want to see a picture.

Back