• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just Been to collect A 12 Week old Continental Giant

shaz1975

Young Bun
Just got back from picking up a 12 week old Giant Continental Rabbit, He is 12 weeks old he so adorable very inquisitive and very livley, but a friendly Lil man, I dont think he has mastered the whole idea of Holding both his ears up yet though His left ear sticks up and flops over to the right side and his right ear sits flopped down Im hoping this will only be a temp thing, he just sat eating some food and sniffing round his temp home, I have just got to decide a name for him now and My son wants to call him Paddy But im thinking Patrick. Thats it now im now the owner of 5 rabbits with the possibilty that Next year I might open my own adoption/Rehome centre. :D

aw bunnies look so cute when they cant decide what to do with their ears! :lol:
Wow your thinking of opening an adoption/rehoming center, thats awesome! Good luck with it all :)
I wouldnt be able to do that, i would end up keeping them all!

I was talking to my Husband earlier on the way to collect him and i mentioned that I wouldnt mind becoming a foster carerer for rabbits and help rescue and rehome them, I have 5 Rabbits of my own now so its not going to make any difference but im like what if i get one i will want to keep :lol:But the Idea once we are back on our feet next year after a few years of redundacy and my health issues, we will be able to afford to build the amenites for doing it properly I would take great pleasure in doing it, I took on my freinds two nethies earlier this year and already had a mini lop and a lion head and sadly had to have one PTS in march, I also resued a Cockateil last year and paired him up with another cockateil hen who live in a large parrot cage together, i have rescued a kitten from a friend who was in desperate need when his kitten gave birth last may, I recsued a kitten 11 years ago whos mother was attacking the kittens when she gave birth and he has lived with me ever scince, I also went to a local dog rescue home two years ago and got my self a GreyHound/Lurcher cross he is now 2, and i also had my yorkshire terrior 7 years ago from a local yorkie breeder. :lol: I sound like a zoo,:lol: so im no stranger to the rescue side of it all, but today was the decider for another rabbit when a Breeder from wolverhampton needed to rehome his conti giants due to stopping breeding Rabbits all toghether. So my general feeling is if im going to do things like this I may as well put my love of animals to good use. My family think im nuts but I dont care :lol:

Still cant decide on the name for Lil Man yet though lol,Ideas welcome :lol: Names my pets already have are

Here we GO

Cockateils are Luna And Merlin

Rabbits Are Harley, Buster, Daisy, Vinnie, New one yet to be decided ? The recent bun that I lost Was Called Murphey R.I. P

My dogs Gizmo Yorkie Terrior and Flynn The lurcher

My cats Are Marley And Ziggy

:lol:

wow! that must be very rewarding knowing that you have helped out all those animals that needed a caring home. Deffinataly if animals and finding suitable homes for animals is a passion of yours then go for it!
Oh dont worry my house sounds like a pet shop too, yeah my family think im a tad crazy about animals but i think they have got used to it now :lol:

Hi,

A Giant Conti who's ears are flopping? Would make me a little suspicious as to whether there was something else in the mix?!?! Hopefully just cause he's so young though.

I am a big Conti fan - we now have 4 of our Contis, and currently have one in the rescue service (already reserved for rehoming) - amazing breed - so laid back and loving. Really can't ever see me being without them now.

His one ear sticks up but he has today been sticking the other one up so im hoping its just he hasnt mastered the control yet,He is very loving aswell and loves to play its nice to know that he has a playfull loving side, however he is not keen on being picked up though, but he will sit on your lap and nudge you to stroke him, I realy feel that if he is a mix breeded bun it will not matter he will still be loved no mater what he is, and what he looks like, all my rabbits have some of kind of funny personality but it dosent matter to me Lol it makes them special more and more :love:

Its nice to know you have contis as well might ask your advice every once in a while :wave:

That's brilliant, which rescue did you get him from?

I know someone who is looking for a conti to pair up with theirs

That's brilliant, which rescue did you get him from?

I know someone who is looking for a conti to pair up with theirs

I had him from a Breeder In wolverhampton He is retireing from breeding due to other commitments and his cats, he has lots of cats :lol:, spoke to him today and he has rehomed the last three A pair have been rehomed and the last one buck left went to someone tonight so sorry they have all been rehomed, But i will ask my friend where she had hers from she knows a breeder i will let you know ;)

I had him from a Breeder In wolverhampton He is retireing from breeding due to other commitments and his cats, he has lots of cats :lol:, spoke to him today and he has rehomed the last three A pair have been rehomed and the last one buck left went to someone tonight so sorry they have all been rehomed, But i will ask my friend where she had hers from she knows a breeder i will let you know ;)

Thanks, but no thanks, wouldn't go to a breeder ever, not when there are so many aniamls in rescues desperately waiting for homes, would rather wait as I am sure one will be dumped in a rescue sooner or later

Hi,

We quite often get Giants into our rescue - this year alone we've rehomed 12 through the service, and another one is currently with us on reserve. I know Buddies have had one or two too. They really aren't as rare in the rescues as they once were, which is quite a sad sign really.

As for handling - I wouldn't worry about picking him up too much anyway - once he's fully grown you're not going to want to lift him too much anyway (unless its for weight training).

I've been training my ones to come to me. Now when they see me they all coming running across to the gate of the run and lift themselves up on their hind legs, stretch their nose out to my nose for kisses.

Back