• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jessica

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Jessica came from a lady in Ryde. She is 18 months old, never had vegetables annd came with a bag of Excel nuggets for Junior and Dwarf rabbits. I just noticed she hasn't eaten the piece of spring greens I put in so do I keep trying and shouldn't she be on nuggets for adult rabbits as she is quite a fair size, not o/weight. She has always been on the same nuggets since the last owner got her when she was 6 weeks old at the pet shop. It seems such a boring diet. She eats hay and likes dried grass. What would you do?

I would change her to adult pellets, but do it gradually as it takes the rabbit digestive system a while to get used to change. Pellets and hay are more important than veg, but I would keep trying her with small quantities of suitable veg, or maybe some herbs, like parsley or coriander.

thyme and dill are favs of ny buns. :) try also introducing some dried forage too little bit mixed in with her hay. Makes it that little bit more exciting. :) parsley loves the clover and plaintain leaf bag you can buy and also the dandelion and the blackcurrant and apple Leaf one. :lol: he just loves them all.

I know rabbit muesli gets a bit of thumbs down in general - but we sprinkle a small bit in Boris's and Harleys hay last thing at night - it is meant purely as a snack and they both love it (in fact Boris tells US when it's 9pm - and time for muesli ;) - they both get pellets for breakfast.

You can also by these Dandelion and millet blossom type sticks - ours love those.

We don't give either of them any vegies - apart from a bit of carrot for Boris occasionally - he cannot eat greens as he gets GS from them and Harley doesn't seem interested.

The dried forage stuff mentioned below is well loved too.

Back