• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Falon's getting spayed tomorrow ... scared for her :-(

Mattie_G

Mama Doe
I am panicking, have been putting it off for months as scared of losing her. She is now 9 months so I can't put it off anymore. She seems fit and well and is a big bun (she is a French lop). I lost two girl buns very close together earlier this yeaf and Lloyd hamster went to the Bridge on Tuesday.
I know no-one can guarantee she will be ok but her chances are good, aren't they?

Think positive she will be in and back home before ya no it bless her sending loads a vibes for Falon :love:

Her chances are very good. I've had 4 females spayed and they all recovered well. I kept them inside overnight and offered them their favourite foods so they would eat. I hated leaving them at the vets in the morning tho, and the day dragged until I got the phone call. Hope it all goes well :wave:

I'm sure she will be fine, i dreaded Amber's spay and cried when she went in :oops: She was fine though.

Make sure she has a good breakfast before she goes in. There's loads of good adivce with regards to aftercare on here too.

I am panicking, have been putting it off for months as scared of losing her. She is now 9 months so I can't put it off anymore. She seems fit and well and is a big bun (she is a French lop). I lost two girl buns very close together earlier this yeaf and Lloyd hamster went to the Bridge on Tuesday.
I know no-one can guarantee she will be ok but her chances are good, aren't they?

It is scary i agree but try not to worry they know what they are doing.
My Phoebe has just been spayed and she is a snuffles bun, all went well and she had an overnight stay as my vet likes them to be eating and pooing before they are dischacged.
My Scarlett was also neutered the week before with no problems and yet again she had an overnight stay and was only allowed home once she had eaten and pooed.

Good Luck! xx

Thanks x. I havebjust dropped her off and vet will ring when done. Should hear by 12. Just feel sick.

She'll be just fine :) I ws EXACTLY the same when Little was spayed; she looked so small and delicate and she had a snotty nose... but these girly buns are tougher than we give them credit for!!

Pleased she's OK. Don't panick if she doesn't want to eat. Doughnut didn't eat until the following day and had not time for her pellets. Just wanted herbs and tempted her with rose petals!

She also had 5 days of pain relief and fibreplex, so I knew she wasn't in any pain.

It is a worrying time but well worth it as opposed to seeing her die of cancer. Good for you for having it done.

Apple and Dandelion leaves go down well after GA i find. Make sure she keeps warm when she comes home.

I do actually have an odd theory that after a bun has a GA, their food preference change. They seem prefer other types of greens/veg that they usually leave til last in their bowl and turn their nose up at their favourites.

Last edited:
Thanks ;-) Vet just rang. She is fine. Bit cold but warmed up nicely ;-) So relieved.

Hurrah!! Knew she'd be okay. I should leave her very quiet this evening, but offer her all her favourite snacks. Also, she might be walking funny; Little was walking on tippy toes for a few days after hers because her tum hurt. Sending happy healing binky vibes and twitchy noses x :lol:

thanks for the advice. she is home and chilling out in kitchen. i am going to put her in the old guinea cage tonight so she is comfy but cant move too much. however she wants to stretch legs. she did eat at vets so that is good.

Thanks ;-) Vet just rang. She is fine. Bit cold but warmed up nicely ;-) So relieved.

Awww bless her, so pleased she is home.
My Phoebe jumped straight out of her carrier did a huge binky and stuffed her little face after her spay. :lol:

xx

Back