• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma....

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
We have arranged for a company to come and sand our bedroom floor, it takes 2 days and they make lots of noise.
I don't know what to do about the bunnies, I will be at work and really don't want to leave them there terrified :cry:
They may be absolutely fine as they mostly live in our dining room which isn't underneath the bedroom that's being done, but I don't know just how noisy it will be and not sure its worth running the risk.
We also have the kitten to worry about lol!!

Ooh that is a bit of a dilemma isn't it?! I ordered cavity wall insulation really cheap from groupon, but chickened out before they came to do it because I was so worried about the noise! Do you have anyone nearby they could stay with temporarily? Or someone they know/like who could come and sit with them while you're at work? If it was me I'd probably take a couple of days holiday and stay home with them, but I know that might not be possible. Good luck! :wave:

how are they with loud noises? I'd try making some short term and seeing how they react. If they aren't too fussed then go ahead with it, if the're seriously sketched out then see if anyone could take them for a couple of days, or maybe put them outside while the workers are there?

I woulld be more worriied about the dust whiich will be in the atmosphere. They would be better off out of this situation, have you got a garden so they can be in the fresh air or take them to work with you. There must be a solution otherwise their health could be jeopardised.

I think I would board mine in this situation if possible as I would worry about the dust.

DH is a joiner and is often working in the garage near to the hutch and the buns don't bat an eyelid at sanders, saws and planes (I'm talking freestanding power tools here, not hand tools). Ori tends to look mildy pooped off because it interrupts his snoozing but that kind of noise has never bothered either of them.

Back