• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning Wee Stains

Janey

Warren Veteran
I am sure other people have posted before but I didn't know so thought I would share it with others who may not either.

Have been doing a lot of cleaning the last few days and did the bunnies litter trays, vinegar wasn't touching the wee stains so I tried Viakal limescale remover. Sprayed, left for 5 mins and my 3 year old litter train looks like new, everything came off with just a quick scrub.

Obviously rinsed very well afterwards and washed again with vingear just to be sure. I also did the bottom of the dog crates where 'accidents' had occured, everything is like new :D

I'm not sure I'd want to use viakal becuase of its perfumes/chemicals.

If you bring the vinegar to boiling point and then use it, it works 100% better.

Or alternatively have spares and leave them to soak in cold vinegar overnight.

Soaking it in vinegar really helps. I tend to pour it in and rest the box at an angle as it's only ever the corners that get bad and then leave it for a bit.

Thanks for the tips.

I had already done the vinegar thing but it wasnt working. I did soak with boiling water & vinegar afterwards so no nasty chemicals should be left behind.

I dont have spares unfortunately, was cleaning these so I didnt have to buy new ones-my bunny spending has to stop somewhere-ha ha.

Back