• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gutted - Trevor couldn't have her implant

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
She wasn't well enough :cry::cry:

Feel really deflated and :(:(. Her heart and lungs are doing OK, her legs are getting stronger BUT the past few days she has had the most awful muscles spasms that have started her self harming again :(

It took weeks and weeks of hard work to clear up her sores before and we had got there, the fur had grown back and she was finally looking great. But yesterday she started again and did a lot over night :cry:

The vet says they are infected and her quality of life is being questioned again :(

If i lose her over these sores I will be beyond heartbroken as she is coping so well with her heart problems and disability :(

That's a shame and I'm sorry Trevor isn't doing so well. :(:cry: It seems so sad that she can cope with what we'd probably class the 'major' problems, but it's the minor one that's bringing her down. :(

That's a shame and I'm sorry Trevor isn't doing so well. :(:cry: It seems so sad that she can cope with what we'd probably class the 'major' problems, but it's the minor one that's bringing her down. :(

The problem is the minor problems are all related to her major problem and generally it is these that cause the most problems ( could I say the word problem any more times, but you get what I mean!!)

The spasms always seem to occur when we are making a new step forward with her mobility. But these have to be so painful for her that she then starts to chew herself. Its such an awful shame that something positive for her has to turn into a negative instead :(

:lol::lol::lol:

I do see what you mean though and it's such a shame that her increasing mobility is causing other problems for her. :(

I am just praying we can keep it under control enough to get her past this stage.

The vet has given me a months worth of heart meds but wants to see her in two weeks to reassess the sores. If she is better then she can have the implant, if its worse then who knows :(:(

There seems to be so little we can do to stop her doing it :?

I don't know what to say - the two of you are battling through so much. Hope things improve in the next few days. Is she on any medication that might help with the spasms? Or if not, could she have something? But then, that would be even more medication... :(

But Trevor will probably surprise us all again - in a good way... :love:

Trevor had the most awful spasms this morning, I thought they would never end :( They are the worst I have seen her have. Its almost like the bottom half of her body is having a violent seizure :cry:

I can't imagine she could have any kind of medication for them as she would need a muscle relaxant which with her heart condition would be a worry :?

Back