• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a dilemma

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Right, the buns are currently in a 5x2 double hutch with 8x4run, BUT the lid to the run no longer has hinges so is just placed on top, and is bowed so there is a gap between the lid and the run.

The new enclosure (6x4shed with 13x4 aviary) has no lid on the aviary, and gaps between the bricks which need filling in.

I can't decide what is safest :( I can buy gravel tomorrow to fill the gaps, but there still wont be a lid on the aviary

someone tell me which is safest :lol: I think I may buy gravel and just shut them in the shed at night/when I'm out until the roof is sorted

I saw this earlier and was undecided to so didn't know which to suggest either. :oops:

If neither are secure, then I would go for the shed set up and keep them in the shed until the aviary has a roof on it.

Aviary netting, wont keep weather out but will keep cats/birds out and is relatively cheap if you couldnt afford a 'proper' roof at the minute.

Aviary netting, wont keep weather out but will keep cats/birds out and is relatively cheap if you couldnt afford a 'proper' roof at the minute.

I did think about this, but my problem is that one side is the house, I dont know how to attach it to the house :? I can afford one, I just need my dad to decide whether we need more wood or not :roll::lol:

If it's short term then I'd keep them in the shed for the mean time and let them out when you can.
If it's potentially more long term I'd screw the lid on to the run. More of a pain for you to get in to it but at least it would be safe.

right, they can stay where they are for now (with bricks holding the lid down) and I'll talk to my dad tomorrow. It shouldn't be too long before he has more days off :thumb: I'm sick so I'm not going out unless I have too :lol:

Back