• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why I love my buns

Katie1504

Young Bun
So people often ask me why rabbits? what is so good about them? Why do you keep buying them? Well here is my story to tell people why....

As I open the shed doors the hinge makes a slight noise. Thats it the door has given it away, the pigs know I am here and boy are they hungry. As I run through my day in my head and take a deep relaxing breath I pace to the other end of the shed to start the feed. Every rabbit and pig comes to the doors and put their nose up for a fuss on my way in. I work my way through the 5 buns and 6 pigs taking a lot longer than I should while I fuss each on still running through my day at work. As I get to the end I let Timmy out first for a run around and go and sit on my box at the other end to watch and have a good cry. Timmy comes and sits at my feet and puts his paws on my knees as if to say "Cheer up mum". I smile fuss his knows and off he hops. The next one out is April. She has a bit of a run but like having a cuddle. I pick her up and snuggle into her as the wind blows outside. She sits on my knee before moving to sit next to me. As she is sat there she licks my hand slowly again as if to say chin up mum. Time passes quickly and before I know it 3 hrs have passed.

So the reson behind the story is to say the reason I love buns is because when you down they say comon and always seem to be listening and when your happy they are always there to play. They are amazing and very clever and I dont know where I would be now without mine.

Buns are lovely. It's always nice to come home to some fluffiness and forget about the day. One of my favourite things is to sit with Jenson while he's busy munching hay :love: Simple pleasures.

Spending time with the bunnies is the perfect start to the day - they invariably make me laugh with something daft they are doing. And the sound of them both crunching away at their breakfasts is the best sound in the world.

At around 3pm, I start to thing about being with my bunnies in the evening - and first thing that we do is to let them out of their hutches and have a chat and a stroke. And no matter how tired and fed up I was on my way home - they just lift my spirits. And its doing the simple, routine tasks of changing water and hay, cleaning out the hutches, brushing them, that takes away all the troubles of the day and you know what is actually important and what is not!

Back